Monday's Dinner 11/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that sounds delicious!! How would I make that?

Easy: find sour cherry (Montmorency) cherry pie filling and mash the cherries. Heat and thin to the consistency you like.

Or

Slightly more difficult: Find dried Montmorency Cherries, add water and sugar, cook till you can mash the cherries and thin to the consistency you like.

It is fantastic on a baked ham.

tied some bacon on a roast, set on top of onion rings. Slowly cooking in oven. Going to make a onion gravy with the drippings. Serving with roasted fall root veggies also some mushroom rice.

Easy: find sour cherry (Montmorency) cherry pie filling and mash the cherries. Heat and thin to the consistency you like.

Or

Slightly more difficult: Find dried Montmorency Cherries, add water and sugar, cook till you can mash the cherries and thin to the consistency you like.

It is fantastic on a baked ham.

I used to work at a restaurant that just added brandy to cherry pie filling and topped the baked ham with that (a little goes a long way).

Tonight, Frank made some fabulous spaghetti with meat sauce. It was full of ground chuck, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and garlic. I'm bouncy because I called him while at work and requested it. :cool: Instead of a salad or bread, I opted for a second helping!

~Kathleen

I used to work at a restaurant that just added brandy to cherry pie filling and topped the baked ham with that (a little goes a long way).

I only thought of it because I have a bag of dried Montmorency's on my counter and remembered a sour cherry glaze on ham a few years ago.

Tonight, Frank made some fabulous spaghetti with meat sauce. It was full of ground chuck, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and garlic. I'm bouncy because I called him while at work and requested it. :cool: Instead of a salad or bread, I opted for a second helping!

~Kathleen

Sounds like it would be a good dessert, too!:)

Not sure yet... probably just a strange combination of leftovers, but I'm not sure there are enough scraps to feed everyone. Since dh isn't very keen on leftovers anyway, I'll probably have to come up with something else for him. Still thinking about that.

Oh, dear. When I grew up I never heard of anyone who disliked leftovers, but I'm hearing it more and more in recent years. Even some who don't like a slice of leftover pizza or Chinese carry-out! Since there are only two of us, I plan for leftovers. and ... don't know what to call it. But meals that progress and morph into other meals. Bones from steaks that become bones for stock for onion soup which become beef stroganof that eventually makes a couple of meals. But there are some meals that are impossible to do for two, and I guess I'm lucky that my husband loves to eat his favorites over and over and over again. I also have a couple of shut-in friends and always package up some meals that you sort of have to make for many for them and/or their care-givers.

Me too, Claire. Now that I live alone, I make most of my recipes the same way as always. Most are large servings for 4. One I eat, one I keep in the fridge for day after (the best day, usually) and two are frozen.

I often make more than one meal at a time when my back is behaving, so that I have a really messy kitchen day, then several days with no mess at all. Those freezer dinner days are great when my back is really bad.

Back
Top Bottom