Monday's Dinner - 4-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Went to the Fish Monger for a filet for Dinner........
found these ...........

Soft-Shell Crab, Salmon "Cookies", Rainbow Carrots, Creamy Slaw ......
Horsey sauce.....

Crab, Soft Shell - salmon Patties 4-11-22.jpg

I don't know if I like those Salmon cookies LT, but I'd willing to try. ;)

My plan for our evening meal is to make something that I order at this restaurant that has closed down... Chili smothered Baked Potato with loads of chopped Sweet White Onion, grated Cheese and "a dollop of Daisy".
YUM!
I'm excited.

I had some pork leftover from the Cuban roast I made last week. I sliced it thin and heated it leftover mojo. I served it with leftover roast potato and rice pilaf from the Greek resto. Then DH heated a bag of Jaipur vegis from Tasty Bite. That was delicious.

Should have taken advantage of this nice day to grill something before we get hit with another round of "weather" the remainder of the week. Still, dinner was good.

BLT salad with rotiss chicken, avocado, red onion, cuke slices, croutons and bottled dressing choices. Also a little l/o mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy

I made a 9x13 pan of "The Whole Enchilada Pie", a recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's "Goldy's Kitchen Cookbook". Goldy is Mott's main character in her Goldy Bear murder mystery series. This is something of a take on Frito pie, but it's layered and baked together. We should have quite a bit leftover, but Himself keeps dipping into the pan.

IMG_20220411_202126862_HDR.jpg

I don't know if I like those Salmon cookies LT, but I'd willing to try. ;)

My plan for our evening meal is to make something that I order at this restaurant that has closed down... Chili smothered Baked Potato with loads of chopped Sweet White Onion, grated Cheese and "a dollop of Daisy".
YUM!
I'm excited.

IMG_1505.jpg

Dang good eats, let me tell you buddy!
Somehow, I got the Baked Potato just right (I don't always :rolleyes:)
Split this ginormous spud, topped with my Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for Cowboy) Chili, man!

DH asks me as I'm starting to prep, "What are we having dinner again?"
Moi: Chili topped Baked Potato
DH: Ewww no I don't think I want that.
Moi: Well, you can make yourself a sandwich then.

As I plated my supper and sat down to shovel this into my pie hole, he saunters over to the table.

DH: Ooh, what's that?
Moi: Dinner
DH: That looks really good and smells even better.
Moi: Would you like a bit to try a bite?
DH: SURE!
Now I'm making a plate for him too
:LOL:
DH: What is this again? I really like it, I think even better than Chili and Rice.
:ohmy:

Last edited:
Potato cubes, mushroom gravy, corn, broccoli.
Carrot bread sliced, drizzled with apricot juice, topped with apricot halves, baked.

Back
Top Bottom