Monday's Dinner 4/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
The usual suspects and myself had an early Easter Dinner out ..........
It was a Buffet setting, and I made a perfect Pig of myself........

Tonight ;
First time for everything !
My first Flat Iron Steak,
Marinated ( EVOO, Minced Garlic, Parsley, Rosemary, Chives, Dry Mustard , Cabernet, S&P..)
then Pan-seared 3 minutes per side...........
Mashed Spuds under Onion Gravy, Peas & Carrots...........

Steak, Flat Iron 4-18-22.jpg

SO and I just noshed on leftovers from yesterday supplemented buy some pot stickers we picked up at Costco.

Busy day.

First I put a pot of ham and bean soup on to soak and simmer. It was a boneless ham, so diced up ham went in eventually Refrigerating overnight for dinner tomorry..

Dinner tonight was ham cheese asparagus strata. These leftovers somehow begat more leftovers. Probably warm up for breakfast. L/o scallop potatoes. Finally, something we put a dent into.

For fun today while the soup was simmering away and the casserole was resting before baking, I looked on line at Florida real estate. SO-- I don't want to more to Fla, I like all the seasons. ME-- We seem to have only one season and it's the opposite of warm. SO-- I do like to visit tho. Me --- fine. You can visit. Do you want ocean-front or will pool side be ok.

Last edited:
We ordered from a chicken resto that is part of a chain. The one and only previous time I had food from them was decades ago and I wasn't fond of it. Thought I would give them a try. Not great, not bad. I don't think they have gotten much better, but I am less picky now that we want to have more order-out options. I don't need to taste that danged gravy. DH had a club sandwich and I had crispy chicken breast strips. The coleslaw was pretty good for resto coleslaw.

Baked Halibut, baked potato, skillet asparagus. Not pictures, but it was picture worthy! Very good. I baked the Halibut topped with chopped onions (with spices), a pat of butter and in a bath of H&H. It was just perfect and the sides a good compliment.

Baked Halibut, baked potato, skillet asparagus. Not pictures, but it was picture worthy! Very good. I baked the Halibut topped with chopped onions (with spices), a pat of butter and in a bath of H&H. It was just perfect and the sides a good compliment.

What is H&H?

We ordered from a chicken resto that is part of a chain. The one and only previous time I had food from them was decades ago and I wasn't fond of it. Thought I would give them a try. Not great, not bad. I don't think they have gotten much better, but I am less picky now that we want to have more order-out options. I don't need to taste that danged gravy. DH had a club sandwich and I had crispy chicken breast strips. The coleslaw was pretty good for resto coleslaw.
I sometimes add herbs, spices or condiments to takeout food. For leftover Chinese, I make quick-pickled cucumbers. The little bit of acidity really perks them up.

I woke up with a headache, did housework with the headache, and decided to not really cook because of the headache. I did pop some tater puffs in the toaster oven, and we reheated the leftover hot dogs.

I sometimes add herbs, spices or condiments to takeout food. For leftover Chinese, I make quick-pickled cucumbers. The little bit of acidity really perks them up.

Both the gravy and the creamy coleslaw tasted a bit artificial. I don't think adding a bit of something will help. The other coleslaw could probably be improved with a squirt of lemon or cider vinegar. That gravy, well, it tastes like it's the stuff a lot of restos use - the stuff that comes powdered in big containers and they just heat it with water. I think I was originally most disappointed with the gravy because a few people had been raving about how good it is. :ermm: It's not something I will actually miss, by just not eating any of it.

Back
Top Bottom