Monday's Dinner - 8/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken Breast Meat with Mushrooms and Peas in Gravy
over White Rice... Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, S&P
with a dusting of Smoked Paprika ...

Chicken & Mushrooms over Rice 8-22-22.jpg

Individual medley for dinner tonight. SO had a meatball sub and I had spaghetti ala carbonara.

IMG_0281.jpg

I made egg cups in ham with cheese. I also made a salad and added the leftover roasted vegis from yesterday. We also each had a slice of smoked sturgeon. I had mine on knækbrød and DH had his with wholewheat baguette.

Egg cup in ham with cheese, smoked sturgeon on knækbrød, and a salad.jpg Egg cup in ham with cheese, smoked sturgeon, and a salad and baguette.jpg

We started with fresh figs stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in prosciutto, splashed with a tiny bit of olive oil, and baked. Topped those off with buckwheat honey when I pulled them from the toaster oven. We followed that up with corn-cherub tomatoes-queso fresco (before it goes bad-o), steamed fresh carrots-cauliflower-broccoli, and the last of the pork tenderloin. Dessert is a ways off, but it will be fresh peach-cherry-blueberry "shortcake" over pound cake with vanilla ice cream.

20220822_204127.jpg20220822_205338.jpg

CG, do you mind sharing the recipe or more complete instructions for that fig appetizer? It sounds really good.

taxy, it's as easy as I first wrote! I rinsed off fresh figs, cut the stem off and cut an "x" from the top to about halfway through, wrapped in thin prosciutto, stuffed the fig, drizzled just enough evoo so it wouldn't dry out while it baked at 400⁰ for about 8 minutes, and then put about a half teaspoon of honey over the top of each fig. Himself isn't a fan of figs or goat cheese, but he likes these. Must be the bac...prosciutto. ;) He also likes buckwheat honey out of all the varieties we've tried.

Thanks CG, I have saved the instructions.

Buckwheat honey used to be my favourite. Then I discovered I pretty much any natural honey that tells me what kind of flowers the bees were sipping nectar from.

We grilled on Sunday and made enough for Monday too. Rib steaks, potatoes and a green salad.

Back
Top Bottom