Monday's Menu 10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Butterflied Jumbo Shrimp, Cocktail Sauce, Onion Rings, Steamed & Buttered Brussels Sprouts, Seafood Salad ...

Shrimp, Butterflied 10-11-21.jpg

It's Canadian Thanksgiving today. I'm at my mother in law's house in Cornwall, ON. We had turkey and stuffing with gravy, fingerling potatoes, cranberry sauce, pickled beets, Caesar salad, Brussels sprouts, and radishes. There was so much yummy food that I skipped the taters. There was also pumpkin pie, but only my MIL had any. There was also some leftover lemon meringue pie and apple pie.

Last edited:
Sounds and looks great fellow DCer's!

IMG_0955.jpg

I decided to make one of DH and my favorite meals.
Grilled Teriyaki B/S Chicken Thighs
(I cut it up into bite size chunks to fool the diner-DH thinks he's getting alot more food than he really is ;) I started doing this when we lived in Hawaii and had to stretch a buck :LOL:)
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, which ever)
and I made a huge batch of my homemade Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) Fried Rice, including the Peas and Carrots for more veg-factor :stuart:
I have more than enough Fried Rice leftover for breakfast tomorrow! :clap:
Put an Over Easy Egg on top and I'm good.

Mom had forgotten that I make my own Char Siu:
"Where did you find Char Siu here?"
I make it Mom.
"Oh, that's right, I forgot."
:cool:

We had open face steak sandwiches, creamed corn and coleslaw. Good meal and since I made most of it earlier in the day, it was easy to throw the steaks on the Q and the toast in the oven, poof, dinner!

IMG_5637 (2).jpg

animaatjes-happy-0431816.gif

Back
Top Bottom