Mother's Day, May 14, 2023, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on here!

Chuck roast marinated in my mother's marinade, cooked via sous vide to 131 for almost 9 hours, cauliflower/potato mash and Craig's zucchini, yellow squash, onion, Ritz cracker, butter casserole.
20230514_184423.jpg

I had red lentil indian curry w/veggie brown basmati rice earlier. Then battered breaded baked onion rings, really slabs, vidalia onions with a little caesar dressing on them. Crispy and juicy.

Was taken for brunch by son - as baby was with us we went to a family style - I had the house hamburger with fries - sauce on the side. Poor waitress must have been new as she couldn't describe the house dressing very well. Turned out it was good, an aoili with relish and a tiny, tiny kick of .... probably sriracha. I had it on the side mainly because absolutely everything on the menu, which was pretty varied, but all had some sort of spicy sauce - it was pretty funny actually - don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. LOL
Then tonight - although not really very hungry - had some defrosted shrimp, last of asparagus begging to be cooked, end of the jar of Alfredo Sauce. So I cooked the spaghetti and the bottoms of the asparagus, almost at then end added the heads and shrimp, drained and added the sauce a ton of cheese.... and ate the whole thing. Think I have a tummy ache... :pig: :pig: :pig: :rolleyes:

20230514_184203.jpg

We ordered Greek food. I had a psilokomeni salad (Lettuce, shallots, dill, cucumbers, red onions, peppers, mizithra, croutons, red wine vinegar, oregano, and olive oil) and loukanika. DH had a chicken gyro pita platter that came with roast potatoes and French fries and a salad. We have leftovers. It was delicious.

1684120151164.jpeg

I made a shrimp fajita with four shrimp, peppers, onions, etc…

Tortilla pear tart with whipped cream. 🐷🐷🐷

The tortilla crust tart will definitely appear from time to time. It is not the same as a high calorie traditional pie crust but it is a convenient 60 calorie compromise..

Mothers Day Dinner: Focaccia with roasted garlic and Kalamata olives, Sous vide spoon roast (12 hours at 135ºF) with pan gravy, baked potato and asparagus. Dessert was blueberry ice cream.
Not the first time I've heard reference to spoon roast. Trouble is, I've no idea just what that is.... someone explain/describe please?

Not the first time I've heard reference to spoon roast. Trouble is, I've no idea just what that is.... someone explain/describe please?
It's a top sirloin roast. That is a tasty but tough cut. 12 hours in the SV machine makes it tender.

Dong Po Pork. I use shoulder instead of pork belly so it's not the same but I just can't take the fat levels of belly in the traditional preparation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom