Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour

Coating
1/3 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

Preheat oven 400 °F. Line a cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
Beat in butter, then one egg at a time and vanilla.
Scrape down the bowl as needed (I have a beater blade for my Kitchen aid).
In a bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon.
On low speed, add one cup of flour mixture at a time to the mixer bowl, increasing speed between additions.
Dough will be sticky.
Chill or partially freeze dough, so it will be easier to work with. I dip my scoop in powdered sugar after several scoops to help release easier.
Scoop dough using a 1 TBSP. scoop.
Roll into balls.
Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
Flatten each ball with the smooth side of a meat mallet (or flat-bottomed glass).
Bake cookies for 8 min. till puffy and light brown around the edges. Rotating and switching shelves halfway through bake time.
Completely cool cookies on a cooling rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container.

cream_cheese_doodles_121521_IMG_9027.jpg

I am going to have to make that! I love snickerdoodles, and have been making them since I was a child, rolling those balls out. In my heaviest years of baking cookies, I would have 4 regular, 3 oatmeal, and 3 CC oatmeal snickerdoodle recipes every season, with 4 of us working on them. Those were back when it was usually so cold at this time of year that I could leave all those bowls on my back porch, for refrigeration!

Of course, I'm going to have to make 2 recipes, so I use up all of the 8 oz of cream cheese. :LOL:

Last edited:
I am going to have to make that! I love snickerdoodles, and have been making them since I was a child, rolling those balls out. In my heaviest years of baking cookies, I would have 4 regular, 3 oatmeal, and 3 CC oatmeal snickerdoodle recipes every season, with 4 of us working on them. Those were back when it was usually so cold at this time of year that I could leave all those bowls on my back porch, for refrigeration!

Of course, I'm going to have to make 2 recipes, so I use up all of the 8 oz of cream cheese. :LOL:

After making my tassies and cream cheese and jelly cookies I had some cream cheese to use so I decided to try this out and it worked.

I just made the dough for a double recipe; I had it separated at first, but after starting with the one, I realized that the 6 qt KA would handle two, with no problem, so I added the rest of the cream cheese and butter, plus the sugars, for the second, and so forth.

Minor glitch in the recipe - nowhere does it say to add the sugars, so they went in after the cheese and butter were mixed, where they would usually go in, in a recipe like this. It will get baked this weekend, sometime.
Cream cheese, beaten with the butter until creamy. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

After adding the eggs and vanilla. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

After adding the flour mixture, and mixing on low, and ready to refrigerate, until forming. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I put this in a large FS bag, only because I was refrigerating it until this weekend, and no aromas will permeate. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Minor glitch in the recipe - nowhere does it say to add the sugars, so they went in after the cheese and butter were mixed, where they would usually go in, in a recipe like this. It will get baked this weekend, sometime.

Sorry about that. I wrote up the recipe quick and didn't proofread it. I'll rewrite it up and ask mod to correct the original post.

27696-albums1090-picture7033.gif

27696-albums1090-picture7033.gif

Due to omissions in the recipe caused by me writing it up too quickly from memory and not proofreading before posting. Here is the corrected recipe.

I hope I got it right this time. :ermm:

I'm sorry about that.

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar
1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

Coating
1/3 C. sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat oven 400°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine 1/3 C. sugar with 2 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
In another large bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
Beat in butter then sugars and cream well.
Add eggs one egg at a time (mixing well after each addition) and then vanilla.
Scrape down the bowl as needed (I have a beater blade for my Kitchen aid).
Starting on low speed, add one cup of flour mixture at a time to the mixer bowl, increasing speed between additions.
Dough will be sticky.
Chill or partially freeze dough, so it will be easier to work with. I dip my scoop in powdered sugar after several scoops to help release easier.
Scoop dough using a 1 TBSP. scoop.
Roll into balls.
Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
Flatten each ball with the smooth side of a meat mallet (or flat-bottomed glass).
Bake cookies for 8 min. till puffy and light brown around the edges. Rotating and switching shelves halfway through bake time.
Completely cool cookies on a cooling rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container.

cream_cheese_doodles_121521_IMG_9027.jpg

I made them today! The double recipe made 90, rolling them into approximately 1" balls. It was delicious, but I only tasted one - these kind get better the next day, something about the butter! I didn't really taste anything from the cream cheese, but it could also increase, like the butter flavor. It was very sticky, and about halfway through rolling them out, I put the dough in the freezer, and switched to the oatmeal snickerdoodles. 15 minutes later it was manageable, and I finished rolling it. They didn't spread as much as I thought they would, being so sticky, so I could have fit them all on 3 trays, and I made a note about this.
Cream cheese snickerdoodles - one more full sheet, so total of 90 from double recipe. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Baked cream cheese snickerdoodles. Looks too light in the photo, I think due to the bright light shining in the side wondows. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cooling cream cheese snickerdoodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

They look wonderful. Glad you like them.

Can you please post the recipe for the oatmeal snickerdoodles?

I'll bump this up, to remind anyone that might want to make them. One of the two friends that stopped by today, was looking through my "blue book", where I have all my favorites in a paper book, and saw this and it reminded them of them last year, and copied it - he said his family loved these last year, so he wanted to get the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom