Ms. Mofet's Mini Cheesecake (6 inch)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire

Filling
2 (8 oz.) Cream cheese - room temp
1 (8 oz.) sour cream - room temp
2 large eggs - room temp
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. corn starch
1/2 TBSP. lemon juice
1/2 TBSP. Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

Graham Cracker Crust:
6 TBSP. (1/4 C. + 2 TBSP./≈1/2 sleave crackers) plain or cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
2 TBSP. butter, melted
1/4 C. TJ's candied pecans (or dry pan toasted pecans), ground/chopped in food processor
1/8 C. (≈ 2 TBSP.) sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

-- Chocolate OR Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipes Below

--I use Fat Daddio's Springform Pan Anodized Aluminum, 6 x 3 Inch, Silver

Without bottom Crust: (This is what I prefer)
If you don't want thick bottom crust just grease bottom and sides of pan with soft butter. Then dust with graham cracker crumbs (or combo of graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon sugar).

With Bottom Crust:
Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 6" pan well and tamp down. Bake 8 minutes at 325°F or until fragrant and darker brown. Remove from oven and cool.

Filling:
Whip cream cheese till smooth (NO LUMPS), add sour cream and then add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Beat till creamy, BUT DO NOT OVER BEAT.
In a separate bowl mix sugar and corn starch together then slowly add to cheese mixture.
Mix well. Then add lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
Pour into pan.
Fill about 3/4 the way up to the top (6" X 3" pan).
Tap pan gently on table/counter to pop air bubbles.
(May add Chocolate or Strawberry Swirl if desired before baking)

Preheat oven 325 °F
Place pan of hot water on rack below cheesecake. Or wrap cheesecake pan with foil and place in pan of hot water halfway up cheesecake pan (Bain-Marie) (I use bain-marie method)

Bake for 65 - 75 minutes, the edges will be dry and slightly pull away from side of pan, the center will be a bit jiggly. If center is very loose cook additional 10 - 20 minutes.
Internal temperature should be 150F °F
Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool in closed oven an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
Remove cheesecake from the oven (and from pan of water) to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
Then refrigerate for at least 2 hrs. or overnight. MUST be completely cold.

Once chilled, add optional toppings and serve.
Cover and store leftover cheesecakes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Chocolate swirl cheesecake:
4 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate melted with 2 TBSP. heavy cream.
Allow to cool slightly. Cool enough to add to plastic bag to pipe.

Strawberry swirl cheesecake:
Strawberry Sauce
2 1/2 C. sliced strawberries
1/2 C. sugar

Strawberry Sauce

Add the sliced strawberries and sugar to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook for 10 to 13 minutes. Break the strawberries down with a wooden spoon while they cook to help speed up the process.
Remove from the saucepan and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the sauce is a smooth puree.
Chill before using.

Swirl Instructions:
Pour the strawberry purée or melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners.
Place the hole of the sandwich bag barely in the cheesecake batter and begin piping a swirl with the strawberry sauce or chocolate. Don't go too deep into the filling otherwise, you won't see it on top.
Add a few swirls dragging a skewer through the cheesecake and fresh strawberry puree or melted chocolate. Adding too many swirls will create cracks in the top of your cheesecake when it's baked so keep it to a minimum.

Before baking - 6 x 3 Inch, Silver (Dusted with crumbs - Without bottom crust)

cheesecake_6inch_052923_1_IMG_1078.jpg

After baking - 6 x 3 Inch, Silver

cheesecake_6inch_052923_2_IMG_6432.jpg

cheesecake_6inch_052923_IMG_1084.jpg

Last edited:
BTW I also have this same brand full size springform pan. The raised bottom keeps it from leaking when collar is clamped on. I never have to wrap the pan in foil.

Filling
2 (8 oz.) Cream cheese - room temp
1 (8 oz.) sour cream - room temp
2 large eggs - room temp
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. corn starch
1/2 TBSP. lemon juice
1/2 TBSP. Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

Graham Cracker Crust:
6 TBSP. (1/4 C. + 2 TBSP./≈1/2 sleave crackers) plain or cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
2 TBSP. butter, melted
1/4 C. TJ's candied pecans (or dry pan toasted pecans), ground/chopped in food processor
1/8 C. (≈ 2 TBSP.) sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

-- Chocolate OR Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipes Below

--I use Fat Daddio's Springform Pan Anodized Aluminum, 6 x 3 Inch, Silver

Without bottom Crust: (This is what I prefer)
If you don't want thick bottom crust just grease bottom and sides of pan with soft butter. Then dust with graham cracker crumbs (or combo of graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon sugar).

With Bottom Crust:
Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 6" pan well and tamp down. Bake 8 minutes at 325°F or until fragrant and darker brown. Remove from oven and cool.

Filling:
Whip cream cheese till smooth (NO LUMPS), add sour cream and then add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Beat till creamy, BUT DO NOT OVER BEAT.
In a separate bowl mix sugar and corn starch together then slowly add to cheese mixture.
Mix well. Then add lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
Pour into pan.
Fill about 3/4 the way up to the top (6" X 3" pan).
Tap pan gently on table/counter to pop air bubbles.
(May add Chocolate or Strawberry Swirl if desired before baking)

Preheat oven 325 °F
Place pan of hot water on rack below cheesecake. Or wrap cheesecake pan with foil and place in pan of hot water halfway up cheesecake pan (Bain-Marie) (I use bain-marie method)

Bake for 65 - 75 minutes, the edges will be dry and slightly pull away from side of pan, the center will be a bit jiggly. If center is very loose cook additional 10 - 20 minutes.
Internal temperature should be 150F °F
Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool in closed oven an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
Remove cheesecake from the oven (and from pan of water) to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
Then refrigerate for at least 2 hrs. or overnight. MUST be completely cold.

Once chilled, add optional toppings and serve.
Cover and store leftover cheesecakes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Chocolate swirl cheesecake:
4 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate melted with 2 TBSP. heavy cream.
Allow to cool slightly. Cool enough to add to plastic bag to pipe.

Strawberry swirl cheesecake:
Strawberry Sauce
2 1/2 C. sliced strawberries
1/2 C. sugar

Strawberry Sauce

Add the sliced strawberries and sugar to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook for 10 to 13 minutes. Break the strawberries down with a wooden spoon while they cook to help speed up the process.
Remove from the saucepan and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the sauce is a smooth puree.
Chill before using.

Swirl Instructions:
Pour the strawberry purée or melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners.
Place the hole of the sandwich bag barely in the cheesecake batter and begin piping a swirl with the strawberry sauce or chocolate. Don't go too deep into the filling otherwise, you won't see it on top.
Add a few swirls dragging a skewer through the cheesecake and fresh strawberry puree or melted chocolate. Adding too many swirls will create cracks in the top of your cheesecake when it's baked so keep it to a minimum.

Before baking - 6 x 3 Inch, Silver (Dusted with crumbs - Without bottom crust)

cheesecake_6inch_052923_1_IMG_1078.jpg

After baking - 6 x 3 Inch, Silver

cheesecake_6inch_052923_2_IMG_6432.jpg

cheesecake_6inch_052923_IMG_1084.jpg
Made the cheesecake. Delicious. 'Cept I took the lazy way out and used a premade chocolate crumb crust. My husband who says he doesn't like cheesecake has yummed it up!

Hello and Welcome to DC, WillamMikesy. Let us know how they came out if you get a chance to try them.

Why not go over to New Members Intro Section to introduce yourself. Tell us about yourself and maybe what your favourite sweets or meals are, that sort of stuff.
Welcome on Board!

Nice, those are some really cool recipes. I will also try to try them at home when I have time for that. Thanks for sharing!
Speaking of sweet treats, I recently discovered the joy of chocolate gifts by post. It's incredible how they can create such mouthwatering cakes and pastries and deliver them right to your doorstep. The convenience and excitement of receiving a surprise package filled with delectable goodies is unbeatable. I'm always on the lookout for new dessert experiences, and chocolate gifts seem like a fantastic option. Now, I'm even more inspired to explore the world of homemade desserts and experiment with different flavors and techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made the cheesecake. Delicious. 'Cept I took the lazy way out and used a premade chocolate crumb crust. My husband who says he doesn't like cheesecake has yummed it up!
Tell me about the chocolate crumb crust please. Did it come in a disposable pie plate? How big was it? How deep?

Exactly like any other premade pie crust you see and get at the grocery store.
Disposable foil plate, 8-9 inches across, they usually say 9 but I find they really only ever hold enough for an 8" filling unless it is bulging in the top. Less than an inch deep, unless you're measuring on the slant at the edge, then maybe you get an inch.

Sometimes you find ones that say they are 'deep dish' shells, but I've never found them to be much larger. I admit I've never done a side by side, fill by fill test.

If they are crumb crusts, they will be in the baking section on the shelves. You need to bake them.
If they are pie dough crusts, they will be in the freezer section. They are frozen and you need to bake them, either blind or filled.

Dragn', are you sure they are the same where Katie lives? An 8" or even a 9" pie plate that is an inch deep won't hold nearly as much as that pan that msmofet's pan holds. An 8" circular pan an inch deep has a volume of around 50 cubic inches. A nine inch one has a volume of about 64 cubic inches. The 6" x 3" one that msmofet used has a volume of about 85 cubic inches. That was why I was asking. I don't think that cheesecake recipe would fit in any of my pie plates. I guess I should measure the volume of the biggest one.

I stand corrected taxy. When I read "premade pie crust" I immediate thought "Pie pie"... not cheesecake. But I have never seen premade pie crust for other than 'pie pie'. So my assumption now is that Katie used a 'pie pie' premade crumb crust by removing it from the tin and pressing it into the spring pan.

Dear Katie, please come to my rescue.

You need to use a springform pan NOT a pie plate.

Fat Daddio's Springform Pan Anodized Aluminum, 6 x 3 Inch, Silver

You can probably just press the premade crumb crust into the bottom of springform pan.
OR just make a crumb mixture yourself.

Chocolate Crumb Crust:
1/2 C. crushed chocolate Teddy Graham cookies (≈50 cookies) (may use any other chocolate cookie. Oreo cookies would work) (can crush in food processor)
2 TBSP. butter melted

In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
Spread evenly in the bottom and up the side of the pan.
Bake the crust at 325°F for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before adding batter.

I have recently discovered Basque cheesecake. I think there is only one recipe for it on the Internet. I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a 7 inch springform pan. There is no crust. The photo is of my first attempt and looks quite the mess, but it is delicious

Attachments

• cheesecakeIMG_5233.jpg
    cheesecakeIMG_5233.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom