Mud Bugs are in season 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbasiszta

Executive Chef
I'm dyin'. Crawdads (crayfish, mud bugs - call them what you want) are in season in southern Louisiana. And here I am stuck in Panamá for the warm weather. I'm dyin' to have some fresh or even live and make my own. Well, the weather is great here, but no Nawlin' Mud Bugs. :(

they're in season, but they are still very expensive and still very small.

we're paying about $5 per lb boiled right now. hopefully, the price will start going down after Lent.

Darn. The advertisement I received said they had big mud bugs for a good price. It was a Cajun Food Provider I used to use. Last year we were early in the season and they were small (we were in Houston). But I was in Heaven anyway. I love them, and the spicier the better!

We call them crawfish and absolutely love them. I'm just waiting a little longer before I buy a batch. I like to cook them at home so that I can get the spiciness like we like 'em. Someone can have my potatoes and corn......all I want is the critter :-p.

I don't mind what you or anyone else calls them. I pass on the spuds and corn, too. Just wish I could eat them to my heart's content here in Panamá. (The picture of your kittie is precious.)

Back
Top Bottom