Multiplying a recipe. Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to report what I did. I multiplied by 5 times, ended up with 3 full 9 x 13 aluminum pans/trays, and even that was too much. I kind of knew it. There was so much other foods that by the time we got to it, and it was way too late, midnight, people were simply too full, appetizers, salads, soup. We had a whole bunch of leftovers. But people liked it so much they were eating cold next day.
Thank you everybody.

LOL, Charlie, I did that one Christmas. When the recipe said it was good for 6 to 8 people - I was expecting 25 so I tripled ALL the recipes.

Man! I had so much in leftovers! Luckily everything could be frozen so I portioned it all up into serving sizes and positively filled the freezer! LOL.... lesson learned. (almost, I still prefer to make too much than not enough)

On a busy buffet line you can control the portion sizes by the placement of the dishes and the size of the serving implement.

The inexpensive fried rice is placed before the more expensive sweet and sour chicken on the buffet line with a larger more convenient serving spoon than the one used to serve the sweet and sour chicken. 🤭😉

Back
Top Bottom