Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still love songs like Divided Sky, Esther, Fee, YEM. . .hell, most all of Junta, as it really showcases the wide variety/talent of those guys. Went 3 years ago to Mary Weather Post, and while the 2 days of shows were great, the culture has changed dramatically sine my days of "following". Still they never fail to just get it done. Love 'em.
Yeah I know what you mean about the culture changing. It is certainly not like what it used to be. Of course I remember when I first got into the Dead and started seeing shows and the old hippies would go on and on about how the scene sucks now compared to what it was in the day. You are right though, the boys still kick butt when they are playing.

years ago,phish stopped me in my tracks for awhile. they can do it again today. the forward energy of this piece is compelling, like speed in a good way. i love esther too, it made me love phish's music somewhat like the beatles and pink floyd before them....
Stopped me in my tracks. I LOVE that description vit. I can totally relate.

Yeah I know what you mean about the culture changing. It is certainly not like what it used to be. Of course I remember when I first got into the Dead and started seeing shows and the old hippies would go on and on about how the scene sucks now compared to what it was in the day. You are right though, the boys still kick butt when they are playing.

Stopped me in my tracks. I LOVE that description vit. I can totally relate.

I thanked Vit too, I concur, that is a GREAT way to put it!! And I don't think it has ever been summed up to me like that, but it hits the nail on the head.

Geebs, you and I use to talk music all the time, I kind of miss those days here, lol. I would love to put together a list of groups over the past 6 years that hit me in the heart/mind, and bounce it off of you, as I am sure you may know of them, and in the chance you don't, may be a new turn on for you.

Right on Tatt!!! Get on that list. I would love to see it. I'm always down for being exposed to new tunes.

Right on Tatt!!! Get on that list. I would love to see it. I'm always down for being exposed to new tunes.

I will hit you up tomorrow!

For those that like a laid back, chill out, ambient groove/vibe, I can't push LOTUS enough, great band out of Philly.

Lotus - Greet the Mind - YouTube

Lotus - Jump Off - YouTube

One of my favorites, it can be such a happy and peaceful song, or a dark and kind of melancholy song, depending on the mood you are in

Lotus - Colorado - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom