Musical Monday! Dinner 12/30/2013.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
why musical monday?i hear you ask.well ask,you may.this is how the day unfolded.i'm in tesco(is there anywhere else?)& i was perusing what frank the fish had on offer."put that away,frank...it's fish i'm after:ermm:". "ok then,'arry" says frank "have you ever seen anything as beautiful as this?".slowly uncovering my eyes(ya just never know with frank) there,before me was the most wondrous loin of tuna."i call her tina"says frank"tina?"says i."yes,tina tuna" says frank"'cos she's simply the best:rolleyes:!".frank didn't even see the right hook that felled him..."only room for one comedian in this shop"says i,as security marched me off the premises.......
harry's teriyaki/shichimi togarashi marinaded tuna loin on a bed of saffron udon noodles with steamed samphire.cooked perfectly,rare of course,for two to share.sapporo export grade beer colder & sharper than a samurai blade.thank you!!

Attachments

• TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 001.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 001.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 224
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 002.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 002.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 223
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 003.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 003.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 179
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 004.jpg
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 004.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 214
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 005.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 005.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 188
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 006.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 006.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 173
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 007.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 007.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 187
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 008.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 008.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 175
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 009.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 009.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 180
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 010.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 010.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 173
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 011.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 011.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 179
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 013.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 013.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 239
  • TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 022.JPG
    TERIYAKI TUNA LOIN 022.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 210
Harry, your killing me, just killing me!:yum: For us, meatball subs.

The last (as far as I know) gift meal comes tonight. I was asked what I would like that fits in the restrictions I have now and I decided a veggie stirfry with rice. It is a dietician making it so she will make it work. :D

TB is a bit better but sticking to broth and toast for one more day.

Last edited:
Tina?! :LOL:
I like the deconstructed tuna noodle casserole ;)

I'll be giving a prime rib slice a couple flips on a hot grill, just enough to warm it through. Maybe some broccoli on the side and some kind of potato.

Musical Monday? I don't have good looking tuna, Tina's not bad, pretty good, all-right--> sizzling hot. My toes are a tapping. It's a cold day. I'm having a hot bowl of chili. I'd happily share my crackers. The line at the very end of the song somehow always cracks me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VjkeCXzg_o

Last edited:
Still had some cubed pork thawed, so have Pork 'n Beans Chili mole simmering on the stove. I've made this a couple of times. I use black beans and toss in some frozen corn from our garden. Got salad stuff to use up as well.

Recipe Details

I tossed the fixin's for a pot of bean and ham soup in the oven before I left for work this morning.

Bean soup, salad, and rye bread. YUM!

I've been having a little problem with plating prime rib latley. I think it has to do with way too much food on the plate :ermm::pig::LOL:
foods fine,just get bigger plates & a wide angle lens;):LOL:!!
happy new year,for tomorrow,to you,your's & everyone else on dc!!hava good one,see you all in 2014:)!

I don't know any song about mashed potatoes and fish fingers..... :ermm:

Happy New Year to you, Harry, and to everybody else here at DC ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom