My Air Fryer Adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S-L-o-B, good point about the steaks. I certainly want my steak cooked a lot less on the inside than on the outside.

I just thought of two that get "cooked" from frozen. Frozen stuffed pasta. The pasta is still raw, but the filling is cooked. Also, some frozen meat pies, where the crust is still raw, but the filling is already cooked. But, I when I use those, I don't really think of it as cooking it.

Some people seem obsessed with the idea of cooking food from frozen. I don't get it. When I first got my Instant Pot, I joined a Facebook group about it and people were doing that all the time. I don't know how anything could cook evenly that way.

Those Instant Pot Facebook groups are full of crazy people! They’ll try to make their daughters wedding cake in their IP…

Yes, my statement about cooking from frozen was too broad, I admit it [emoji38] You'll understand when I explain that people in that group were wanting to cook a whole chicken or several chicken thighs from frozen. That's what I had in mind. The IP is a great appliance for some purposes, but it's not for everything [emoji38]

Call me a glutton for punishment!

IMG_1024.jpg

I thought we'd try a different brand of Egg Rolls in the AF for our lunch today.

Again, mushy...

IMG_1023.jpg

But I think I see the problem here.
The wrapper is far too thick to get it cook completely,
either in the Oven or the Air Fryer... IMHO anyways.
The filling is fine, it's that Pei! It's just too much.
We did finish off that box of 8 Egg Rolls though,
with 3 different dipping sauces
:chef:

*bump*
I was watching a You Tube video and this self proclaimed AF expert was going on about cleaning her air fryer with Dawn Powerwash ...
dawn powerwash.jpg
(photo credit dawn.dish.com)
I picked a bottle up at our local Wally-World to try it...
It did okay.
Normally I simply plop the AF basket in the automatic dishwasher, but it takes up so much room.
With this stuff it was spray, wipe, rinse.
I'm guessing that with regular use, the stuck on residue from previous uses will desolve.
Has anyone tried this product?

*bump*
I was watching a You Tube video and this self proclaimed AF expert was going on about cleaning her air fryer with Dawn Powerwash ...
View attachment 62829
(photo credit dawn.dish.com)
I picked a bottle up at our local Wally-World to try it...
It did okay.
Normally I simply plop the AF basket in the automatic dishwasher, but it takes up so much room.
With this stuff it was spray, wipe, rinse.
I'm guessing that with regular use, the stuck on residue from previous uses will desolve.
Has anyone tried this product?
Dawn came out with a like product around 2004. Worked great. Then stopped making it. Dawn came back with a similar product around 2014. Was good but not great. Now Dawn once again has reinvented itself with this Powerwash and Dawn dish soap out performs it.

So this beauty arrived today ...
IMG_2778 (1).JPG
I have big plans for you my lovely!

< she toddles off to get the party started >

HEY!! Now wait just a cotton-pickin'-minute here!
The dang thing is missing a part, the non-stick cooking tray that goes into the basket and you put the food on to cook, damn it all!!!

I had my mouth all set (or in Hawaii-Speak, "I'm so ono for...") for Steak Frites.
That ain't happenin'! :poop:

I spent 45 minutes on hold for a Live online chat agent to get that missing part and then another 55 minutes with back and forth... bottom line: it's on the way via UPS Ground aka it'll be a little while. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom