My baba ganoush heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
have you ever had a baba ganoush?

something that i also want to mention is that i like it with more the recommended tahini quantity.

i usually buy fresh (refrigerated) fire roasted eggplants and mix them with tahini (don't buy jarred ones).

i don't know why but when i make the eggplants myself on hot coals they taste much much less tasty than this store bought eggplants that i mix with tahini.

they look different and the end baba ganoush taste different.

what do you think about all of this?

my favorite way to eat eat is with walnut sourdough toast, with the "baba" on top and some sriricha too on the top. and above all of that i like to put quarters of hard boiled egg with salt.
i eat it often with high quality cherry tomatoes.
this combination reminds of the sabich i've talked about in the past.

baba ganoush is a must if you are not allergic.

Baba ganoush is just about the only way I like eggplant. I roast them in the oven. I serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and with some kalamata olives. I use it as a dip for crudités, tortilla chips, or pita. I like a lot of garlic in baba ganoush.

for some reason i prefer it with no lemon.
but there is a bit of garlic already in the store bought mash of fire roasted eggplants which as i said i buy in a fresh and not jarred form.

this is how it looks like before adding the tahini/thina
i mix them in two batches so that i get it fresh every time.

Attachments

• msg423710037-63529.jpg
    msg423710037-63529.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 21
Love the stuff, but I've never actually made it. My late hubby used to bring me hummus and baba ganoush from a place called Aladdin's Eatery. The best hummus I've ever had from any restaurant and the baba ganoush was so delicious.

Miss those days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom