My baby's first birthday is coming up!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antanina

Assistant Cook
Hey, everyone. My name is Tonya and I have a baby boy , he is going to be one August 31st. I never had any birthday parties so I am a little scared... Any advice on what people do on birthdays?

I mean, I am from Russia and we don't have such parties as you do here so I am just lost...

Well looks liek a intro and birthday.

welcome aboard

Usually its liek a get together you get a cake and jsut sit around and chit chat

I have a buddy who came from near russia to the US and he was going to buy his own Bday cake. we americanized him nicely. lol

I dont have any kids so i might be off

Welcome and Happy birthday to your son. My son will be turning 1 a week from today.

The easiest thing to do is go to your local supermarket and get a deli platter. then pick up a cake and some fruit and bread. Let your guests make their own deli sandwiches and then serve the fruit and cake for dessert.

Welcome to DC Tonya, and happy birthday to the little guy!!

Ice Cream and cake, gifts, and everybody that loves him singing happy birthday as he destroys the cake!! (it is his day after all!!)

By the way-enjoy these precious moments-in 15 more years he'll be asking for a car!!:LOL:

Welcome. You're in Orlando. I would be worrying about the next 4 coming hurricanes and wing it with deli stuff and bakery bought cake too. Otherwise I'd be doing a grill thing with all kinds of salads and bakery bought birthday cake........And don't forget beer & iced sweet tea.
Happy Birthday to your little one, nina.

Thank you, guys.

Thank you for all the nice words. We had the party yesterday, made kebabs and had a cake. My little guy got cake all over him and was happy until we started wiping his face... It was pretty fun.
Quicksilver, I loved your quote about worrying, I worry all the time could be a year in advance, so I ll keep in mind these wise words. Thank you!

whatever you do.... do NOT give a 1-yr-old red velvet cake without a tarp on the floor.
Just a suggestion.
:)

Thank you for all the nice words. We had the party yesterday, made kebabs and had a cake. My little guy got cake all over him and was happy until we started wiping his face... It was pretty fun.
Quicksilver, I loved your quote about worrying, I worry all the time could be a year in advance, so I ll keep in mind these wise words. Thank you!

Glad a good time was had by all. Antanina, worrying is what mommies do. Get used to it! LOL!

Something tells me that you know this from experience, LOL:LOL:

I have pics somewhere....
oh it was just GROSS! :pig:

You can imagine the floor......

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
yeah the pink n purple frosting was a little over the top...
what can I say, it was my first girl cake!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom