My BIL is getting his transplant!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Both my father in law and brother in law suffer from the same kidney disease. They were diagnosed within a month of each other and both were in need of a transplant. My FIL got his a while back and it has been life changing (and life saving). This morning we got the call that it is my BIL's turn. He is in the O.R. at this very second. We are keeping his fingers crossed that the surgery is successful and that there are no issues with rejection. It is very bitter sweet because he is not getting it from a living donor. It is coming from a child who passed away. Thank G-d there are people willing to donate to save others lives. If you are not already signed up to be an organ donor, please consider it. You could save a life.

Thank you both! Now is the waiting game. It is such a rush of emotions. First you are thrilled beyond belief then you are terrified of what could happen in surgery and then you have every emotion in between. Right now we are just waiting and praying.

Having kidney problems is a scary thing and this is wonderful for your b-i-l. You all have my thoughts and prayers.
cj

Thanks Alix. When the phone rang neither DW nor I recognized the number so it went to voicemail. Then we heard her moms voice saying they were at the hospital so we jumped at the phone. They have been having a rough couple of weeks. MIL fall down some stairs and shattered her wrist and fractured her face. BIL was admitted to the hospital the following week with chest pains. When we heard her say hospital on the answering machine both our hearts dropped. Then I saw her break into tears and I thought the worst. Then the smile appeared and I knew what was going on. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Good luck to him, hope all goe well. Say a psalm 20. It is specialy designated for people who need healing.

Update: This kidney is in and they are closing him up. It is already producing urine. This is great news so far. Now the hard part comes and that is waiting to see if he rejects it. We are thinking positive though.

Good news all around so far. Keep us posted. You and your's are in our thoughts here.

HE works wonders for us GB. Please know you and b-i-l and your family will stay in my thoughts and prayers.
cj

Back
Top Bottom