My boy has growing pains in his legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppi G. Koullias

Senior Cook
And he can't get to sleep, which is why I'm up so dreadfully late. :(

I've given him some liquid painkiller (suitable for children), lots of huggs and he has my Peter Rabbit hot water bottle. But I'm at a loss as to know what to do.

My daughter gets them too.Not much you can do that you haven't already.

I don't remember getting them but my wife does.

Try a little Ouzo........................for you!

Yammas!

I know...but it beat banging your head against the wall out of frustration.

No, my dear friend, you don't understand. I have an alcohol problem.

Sleep found my boy and later found me. Today he looks a little wan, but he'll be Ok. And by lunchtime he'll be eating like a horse, like the best of us. ;)

To recap, this afternoon I bought some gel hand warmers, the type you re-genenerate in the microwave. These pads are lined with fleece, and I wrapped them around George's knees and ankles to keep his blood circulated nicely. Since then, his 'pains' have been reduced.

It was a suggestion by a friend of ours and it really works. I feel sad for your daughter, though. Hope she gets out of those pains quickly.

have you taken him to the doctor? might be wise, to be sure of what you are dealing with is always good.

I was planning to take him on Monday, first thing. I am grateful for your asking babetoo, and will let you know.

This evening George is happily sitting watching TV. His pains seemed to have stopped since I attached those gel pads on his ankles and knees. But tonight I'll be watching him, making sure he's comfy. He'll come in and wake me up if he's in any pain, good boy that he is.

My little guy got those too. There is some truth to the growing pains. The bones grow during the night. Many times, the bones can grow enough to stretch the muscles and cause pain. The heat is good and massage helps too. My little one is now 21 and over 6 ft. tall. It will pass.

My little guy got those too. There is some truth to the growing pains. The bones grow during the night. Many times, the bones can grow enough to stretch the muscles and cause pain. The heat is good and massage helps too. My little one is now 21 and over 6 ft. tall. It will pass.

That really helped me and I am thankful for your help. On Monday I'm taking my boy to our doctor, but tonight I gently massaged his ankles and it helped.

Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom