My Chicken Woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
I'm new to cooking, and just have a question.... alot of recipes i see call for boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and some call for boneless skinless chicken breasts,,

my question is, sometimes i cannot find the halves(4 ounce) ones that recipes call for, the stores only have the bigger ones, the 8 ounce. I have tried to cut them down the middle you know like split them apart? But they come out too thin...

How can i replicate the 4 ounce chicken breasts? The ones at the store didn't look like the one i tried to split, it was too thin.... maybe a butcher would have the different cuts? Just looking for some clarification... the halves are around 4 oz right, and the wholes are around 8 oz?

Starting from that real fat thick part in the back? Can i get some clarification , sorry for the stupid question

Hope this will help clarify a chicken breast and a chicken breast half.

Could be they just had bigger chickens to process at that time.

Boning a breast

There are no stupid questions on this board. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions you may have.
Welcome.
Lyndalou

:)Cut breast across the middle like this \ with an angle so it looks like two smaller shorter breasts. Dont cut lengh wise like this | . Hope this makes more sense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom