My favorite apron, what's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, I love aprons and make my own....they are reversible, have large pockets and the neck strap comes apart so you don't have to pull the apron strap off over your head..I have maybe 12 right now. This time of the year I may wear one all day to keep warm...here are a few pics of some of them...Mary Mulari designed the apron and sells the pattern..

Thank you for the fashion show. :)

much obliged:mrgreen:

at one point I had the silly idea of selling them on eBay, but considering I have $20. in the material, and it takes me 3 hours to complete one apron, the asking price was steep:rolleyes:

Economies of scale and mass production are the key. Figure that bit out and yer on your way. :mrgreen:

My favs are made from heavy linen or denim. They are homemade, have wide waist-high pockets across the front, ties (apron strings) long enough to permit me to tie them in front, wide enough to provide full chest coverage and some backside coverage.

Mine is one I bought from Pampered Chef. I like it as much as I like my Pampered Chef pizza stone! It is denum and has lasted about eight years so far. I have also made some, but this is still my favorite. It has great pockets, and the ties adjust so you can cover more or less up top. It covers well.

I wear a Boca Burger apron and bought one for my son while he cooks on his Coast Guard ship. Conversation piece and with nice ties. We lived in Boca when the burgers were actually developed and made there. Its a nostalgic thing

I ground up some chuck today and since I have a new apron that I haven't used yet, and when grinding I have ended up with bits of meat attached to the front on my shirt I wore it today, finally.

I wish the ties were just a touch longer, or I wasn't quite as far to get around. :LOL:

I have a full apron in black, it says, "Come to the Darkside, we have cookies!"

My daughter has that apron!

I OTOH have 3, white cotton patient exam gowns from the 60's. I rescued them from a medical practice that was closing, almost 20 years ago. They cover everything and are infinitely bleachable and seemingly indestructible. I wear those if I am going to be cooking "all day". To whip up dinner, I usually just pull an old (already ruined) shirt over what I am wearing. At Christmas, I get out my grandmother's vintage Christmas hostess aprons, but only for display.

The aprons of today are mostly useless in my mind so I make my own. I like the kind that wrap around a person. That prevents the stains that come from wiping hands on your sides.
Grandma Rose

The aprons of today are mostly useless in my mind so I make my own. I like the kind that wrap around a person. That prevents the stains that come from wiping hands on your sides.
Grandma Rose
Hello, Grandma Rose. I have a terrible habit of wiping my hands on my backsides. A full-wrap apron might help, I suppose, but I also don't want a pair of tomato-stained handprints back there. Any design solutions?

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to put the apron on most of the time....the only one I have I bought because it has cats on it. And I only bought it because we had found this cat-shaped wall-hook and I wanted something to hang on it. :LOL:

img_973050_0_bb9ef061bafc56baf47a8001c3fccdb5.jpg

We...uh....we like cats. :ermm:

I work from home...most of my clothes are "dog clothes" because I share my life with three drooly, hairy Saint Bernards. To get the drool off my black jeans, I have to wash them twice and add white vinegar to the rinse each time. Getting tomato stains (or pomagrante stains) out of clothes is a lot easier than getting "drool shadows" out of black jeans! (Says she who dresses in the back entrance when she has to go meet clients--with the dogs behind the baby gate on the other side).

I have multiple white aprons fromwhen I worked in the bakery, they actually get worn for everyday cooking. My "Darkside," "Chef Pigs" and "Coffee" aprons are fpor after everything is cooked...in other words, I liked them so I bought them.

I work from home...most of my clothes are "dog clothes" because I share my life with three drooly, hairy Saint Bernards. To get the drool off my black jeans, I have to wash them twice and add white vinegar to the rinse each time. Getting tomato stains (or pomagrante stains) out of clothes is a lot easier than getting "drool shadows" out of black jeans! (Says she who dresses in the back entrance when she has to go meet clients--with the dogs behind the baby gate on the other side).

Oh my! Three Saint Bernards! I lived with one very sweet Saint Bernard for about two months and that was quite the experience. When he shook his head it sounded like a flock of pigeons taking off and he would hit opposite walls with slobber. At least he didn't pull on the leash when I took him for a walk. The huskies thought it was hilarious to pull on the leash if I had my arms full of groceries.

I know this is the apron thread but the mention of the St. Bernards reminded me of a long forgotten menory. Growing up the pastor of my church owned a pair of them. The female gave birth to a litter of 14! (they said it was some kind of record).They had quite a pack of animals running around their relatively small ranch style house for a time but oh my, what fun!:LOL:

Last edited:
... the only one I have I bought because it has cats on it. And I only bought it because we had found this cat-shaped wall-hook and I wanted something to hang on it. :LOL:

^^ :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't there a DC Travelling Apron that was making the rounds a few years ago?

In reply to Spork about apron design. Mine is very close to the apron that has been shown by Beth. I made my own pattern to fit my needs but it is not reversable. Grandma Rose

Back
Top Bottom