My first comp is in the books...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
viewpic.cfm
[/url]
[/img]

So Larry made it down to help you, huh?

ok, so I showed you all that so I could show you this....

I was a one man team.

and my set up looked like the Beverly Hill Billy's....

[/img]

Note the rust and pollen on the big cooker...I didn't even wash it.
Note the yellow stains in the EZ up. After careful consideration,
I decided not to enter the best site contest! :-)

So despite having a one person team and going against all odds, I outscored 25 teams......

I suppose stranger things have happened.....well maybe not! :grin:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":nx3u8kg0]
viewpic.cfm
[/url]
[/img]

So Larry made it down to help you, huh?[/quote:nx3u8kg0]

If I'd made it down to help Cappy he wouldn't have done as good as he did! Cappy, you've made this board proud! Fantastic job and we are all very proud of ya!!

Nick Prochilo said:
I would have thought Greg and his BBQ4U would have sponsered the Capt; wouldn't you?

No remember he does not profit from the board. All products are sold at "cost" :!: 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3eypl5ow]I would have thought Greg and his BBQ4U would have sponsered the Capt; wouldn't you?

No remember he does not profit from the board. All products are sold at "cost" :!: 8-[[/quote:3eypl5ow]

Well, at least some are sold at cost!! :!:

Captain,

Congratulations on a great finish, you should be proud. I remember when I went to Nelsonville two years ago and the guy I went with had an FE100 pellet pooper and I had my WSM. These teams start pulling up with huge mobile Klose cookers, tandem cookers on enclosed trailers, and you think what the hell am I doing here. Way to hang in there, and you're right, it is the cook.

Any Seinfeld fans out there...did that guy in the pig suit make you think about the "Pig Man" episode with Kramer running all over the hospital looking for Pig Man. LOL

Nick Prochilo said:
I would have thought Greg and his BBQ4U would have sponsered the Capt; wouldn't you?

To be honest, I thought about offering Greg all the promotional space he wanted for free....he could have sent banners, t shirts, whatever, but I truly truly believed I would be in the last 3 places, and didn't want to embarrass this wonderful board! :)

I am soooooo tired. Again thanks to Jack W. ( who came from my old board to this site), Raine, JM, and all the others who have helped me not only with cooking but also understanding competitions over the years.
Jack told me that by being on boards like these, I had a leg up on many of the folks there who already had comp experience.

I think that is true. For all those considering, go ahead and give it a go. Ahough this wasn't a big competition, methinks the knowledge passed along here has allowed each of you to produce better q than you may think. In other words, if I can do it, you can to!

Thanks guys! Here's 2 more pics Jack just emailed me....

viewpic.cfm
[/url]

and me and my daughter accepting the ribbon...look at the smile on her face! Dad gained some much needed cool points! :D

[/img]

Jim, you got to get yourself one of those cool hats those guys are wearing, very popular with the ladies!! :lmao:

Shriners correct?

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":y77br0cn]I would have thought Greg and his BBQ4U would have sponsered the Capt; wouldn't you?

To be honest, I thought about offering Greg all the promotional space he wanted for free....he could have sent banners, t shirts, whatever, but I truly truly believed I would be in the last 3 places, and didn't want to embarrass this wonderful board! :)[/quote:y77br0cn]

There is one very BIG problem with that...the promotion of the site is fine...the problem is that offerning shirts, making banners and the like cost $$$. This is a free site and the only way I make any $$ is when somone buys a shirt or a hat from the store and the shirt or hat or whatever can't be the *SALE* item because then I don't make any $$ whatsoever! I haven't covered the cost of the logo yet ($125) so making a promotional run isn't in the budget yet. :) To date, I have made $20 on the sales of my clothes and hats and other goodies :) . However, you can make up signs like ScottyDaQ did and get the job done just fine :grin: , or, buy something to wear!!

Jim, you never would embarass this site by doing a comp with some BBQ-4-U garb on...I would be proud of you if you came in first or last!! :!: :(

If everyone is willing to pay, oh, let's say $20 joining fee, then perhaps we can do some public Relations stuff. Anyone wanna pay?? :eek:

I'll kick in twenty. I might also buy a table tent for the front table with
BBQ 4 U on it if I ever compete again, and suddenly, all my friend want to start a team! :)

Back
Top Bottom