My new induction range finally arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summer57

Senior Cook
I am so excited! My new induction range finally arrived after waiting 6 months for the order to come in. It's a Fulgor Milano Sofia.

I love it. As people say, it boils water instantly, drops to a simmer just as quickly, and has a melt function for chocolate etc. It drops to a consistent poaching temperature perfectly.

The oven has 3 racks, and settings for proof, dehydrate, pizza, defrost, and keep warm
Such easy cleanup - I put a paper towel between the pot and the cooktop, so no splatter or mess while cooking.

I chose this style of range because it has front knobs, continuous heat adjustment and power boost. It get very hot - one burner is 3700 W.

Before buying, I researched & talked to a lot of people. I've heard that ranges with touch screen temp controls are annoying, especially when they, or your fingers, get wet. That's why the pro-looking front knobs appealed to me. Plus, the front knobs look great!

After living for months with a non-working oven, I'm looking forward to cooking again!

Wow! That sounds like a real gem! I'm jealous! And I do have an induction cooktop already. I do love it. I have the touch screen and I don't mind it...especially when clean up time comes. I think the "clean" mode allows me 20 seconds to clean the whole thing, but it never takes that long! Mine is a "Freedom" that doesn't have burners, I put pots anywhere and it adapts to size and placement.

Enjoy it! Doing a little happy dance with you!

Sounds like you also have a gem! A cooktop that allows you to put pots or a griddle anywhere sounds very nice indeed. It's the sensitivity and the instant response of the controls that I love, so far Haven't used the oven yet, too busy enjoying the cooktop.
We can both do that Induction Happy Dance!

Ginny, I have read about those. I didn't realize they were actually available.

Yes, they are and have been available. We've had it for a number of years now. When we bought this house, it had been used as a rental for a few years and the cooktop was abused. When the oven gave out, we replaced both. Couldn't be happier with them.

I had seen the line of Fulgor Milano Sofia, but didn't realize they had induction tops. I'm a gas girl so have only ever looked at the gas ranges.

But whichever! good on yuh! You're a happy cooker!

Basically, I only need to replace the cheap non-stick pans that I replace regularly anyway. The rest work just fine. Not the pressure cooker, but that's ok.
I already have Le Creuset, All Clad, deBuyer, carbon steel.

I can still use the copper ovenware we picked up from Dehillerin in Paris over the years. My husband bought me pommes anna and tarte tatin tins years ago, they are very special to me and I'm happy I can still use them.

My daughter's getting the few pots that don't work, which she's pretty happy about.

Last edited:
You can always get an Induction Converter plate for anything you want to use on the new range. I do that with Corningware, as I have a few favorites and like to put them in the oven too. One word of warning, the instant off does not work with the converter, as it remains hot. So, just remove the pot from the converter! Trust me...learned the hard way!

You can always get an Induction Converter plate for anything you want to use on the new range. I do that with Corningware, as I have a few favorites and like to put them in the oven too. One word of warning, the instant off does not work with the converter, as it remains hot. So, just remove the pot from the converter! Trust me...learned the hard way!
Hope you didn't get a nasty burn!
I wondered about the induction plate. Do you think it works well enough? Though I'm sure it's worth it when it comes to well-loved cookware. I'm sentimental about a couple of my pots lol.

No, I didn't get burned, but the gravy boiled over and made a mess. Fortunately, it isn't difficult to clean the cooktop!

Yes, the plate works very well. Maybe too well!

That sounds like a wonderful appliance, summer! Happy cooking with your new "toy". It seems like there are a whole lot of features and options to consider when choosing an induction cooktop. So much to look into if I ever appliance shop again.

That sounds like a wonderful appliance, summer! Happy cooking with your new "toy". It seems like there are a whole lot of features and options to consider when choosing an induction cooktop. So much to look into if I ever appliance shop again.

My thoughts exactly. Happy cooking.

Back
Top Bottom