My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking really nice Beth .. love that front entry slate ... gorgeous house !

We really are related - we just barge in, invite ourselves and take over the place! :LOL:

Oh, and they are bar chairs - they have nice backs and cushy seats!

I'm ready for you all:).

No tub, Cat. The first decision I made was square footage, then priorities (kitchen, pantry, guest bedroom) and a tub could not be squeezed in.

Nice guest bedroom, Mac.

I passed a critical test today, the HERS, Home Energy Rating System:w00t:.

I'm ready for you all:).

No tub, Cat. The first decision I made was square footage, then priorities (kitchen, pantry, guest bedroom) and a tub could not be squeezed in.

Nice guest bedroom, Mac.

I passed a critical test today, the HERS, Home Energy Rating System:w00t:.
The house looks lovely but I hope you don't regret the bath tub. I moved into this house (formerly my parents' house) as it's a bungalow and I thought it might be sensible given that I have a hip problem. However, mother had the bath taken out and a shower put in some years ago and I do miss being able to soak in the bath when I'm cold or in pain.

First thing I did when designing Mom and Dad's bathroom, was converting from a tub with shower into a walk-in/roll-in shower. It's their retirement home and we decided to make it accessible.

:w00t2::clap::clap: You have the occupancy certificate! Yay!!! :angel:

Shhhhh! Not yet.

My builder said I could move in this coming Tuesday or Wednesday (in Taos speak that means Friday) and that was before he called the town office that does the inspections. His reasoning was the office is not busy and would be out right away. I scheduled the moving van for Wednesday. I started moving things out of my apartment two days ago. The final walk through with builder, electrician and plumber is tomorrow and my list of details that needs fixing is growing. Looks like I will have company as soon as I move in :LOL:.

I'd help you move, but the doc said no heavy lifting. :)

Here...I got you this as a house warming gift:

HouseWarmingGift.jpg

Whew!

I moved in last Tuesday, but workers are still finishing up details; installing interior door hardware, window screens, leveling out dirt piles...

Amidst all the boxes I have set up a sewing area and started to make curtains, which has significantly slowed down the unpacking:mellow:

Here is one interior and exterior photo..

Attachments

• DSCN1934.jpg
    DSCN1934.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN1948.jpg
    DSCN1948.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom