Mystery of the Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookieee

Sous Chef
Today is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day. Our grocery store had buy one get one free Hagan Daz Ice Cream. DH bought one Strawberry and one Butter Pecan. Paid $5.39, it is on the receipt. After dinner he went to fix us a dish of Ice Cream. THEY ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. And he can't remember if he unpacked them or not, they are not in the car. Called the store, they wouldn't tell me if they found the ice cream but just bring in the receipt for money back. Oh well, we tried to celebrate today.

At least we do have fig newtons for tomorrow. Not sure what to do with them except just eat them as is. Any ideas?

I just stopped at a Korean market on my way into work tonight, and they had strawberry mochi (ice cream covered with mochi) on sale, so I bought a box.

Probably shoulda bought two so I could bring some home tomorrow. :pig:

Now I have to score some Fig Newtons. I'll be shopping in a town called Newton tomorrow, so if I but them there will they be Newton Fig Newtons?

Like when I buy a new sweater of my favorite hockey team, the New Jersey Devils.

It's a new New Jersey jersey...

Last edited:
Guess what. Mystery solved. DH went back out to the car tonight with a flashlight. Not only did he find the ice creams but he also found 2 containers of sour cream. :rolleyes: Now I know what to eat with the fig newtons tomorrow.:yum:

The ice cream, not the sour cream. lol

Last edited:
I just stopped at a Korean market on my way into work tonight, and they had strawberry mochi (ice cream covered with mochi) on sale, so I bought a box.

Probably shoulda bought two so I could bring some home tomorrow. :pig:

Now I have to score some Fig Newtons. I'll be shopping in a town called Newton tomorrow, so if I but them there will they be Newton Fig Newtons?

Like when I buy a new sweater of my favorite hockey team, the New Jersey Devils.

It's a new New Jersey jersey...

First, what is mochi, second, are you always this funny?

Guess what. Mystery solved. DH went back out to the car tonight with a flashlight. Not only did he find the ice creams but he also found 2 containers of sour cream. :rolleyes: Now I know what to eat with the fig newtons tomorrow.:yum:

The ice cream, not the sour cream. lol
Before I read the last line, I was trying to imagine a fig newton dunked in sour cream.:rolleyes:

I assume that the ice cream was well melted, in your zone, by the time you found it?

Last edited:
First, what is mochi, second, are you always this funny?

Mochi is kind of a marshmallow like "dough". It's not as sticky as marshmallow, nor as sweet. It is often wrapped around little hockey pucks of various flavors of ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, green tea, and red bean are the most commonly mochi wrapped ice creams. I've had some funky ones like mango and passion fruit, but green tea and strawberry are our faves.

No... No, he is not. :rolleyes:

CD

You jealous bitch!

:D

Back
Top Bottom