Nachos: Where are the good recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like GG said, I put them on paper towels and sprinkle Kosher salt on them immediately after taking them out of the oil. I don't cover them with paper towels, though. If the frying oil is good and hot, the chips aren't oily. There's hardly even any oil residue left on the paper towels.

Now I want nachos! :) :yum:

Last edited:
Like GG said, I put them on paper towels and sprinkle Kosher salt on them immediately after taking them out of the oil. I don't cover them with paper towels, though. If the frying oil is good and hot, the chips aren't oily. There's hardly even any oil residue left on the paper towels.

Now I want nachos! :) :yum:

I want nachos and chiles rellenos! :LOL:

Very good for each other, I'd say! I'm so inspired. :chef::)
And with Larry's recent thread about Mexican rice and refried beans, I'll be having some of those as sides! :yum:

Very good for each other, I'd say! I'm so inspired. :chef::)
And with Larry's recent thread about Mexican rice and refried beans, I'll be having some of those as sides! :yum:

You just had to go there... Now I'm craving it all!

I can't wait until they perfect transporters so we can have a DC meetup.

shredded-chicken-avocado-nacho-salad-ck.jpg
[photo courtesy Cooking Light]
Shredded Chicken and Avocado Nacho Salad Recipe | MyRecipes.com

... slightly off topic ... Cooking Light Jan/Feb issue: Shredded Chicken and Avocado Nacho Salad, mmm, must try!

You just had to go there... Now I'm craving it all!

I can't wait until they perfect transporters so we can have a DC meetup.
I want transporters too. Can we also have replicators? We could post the code for our dishes and then other people could replicate them exactly.

I'm always trying to make nachos taste the way they do in a restaurant. So far I've failed miserably. I just can't get the chicken to taste the same.

I'm always trying to make nachos taste the way they do in a restaurant. So far I've failed miserably. I just can't get the chicken to taste the same.

I've never had chicken nachos in a restaurants, always ground beef if they are the "loaded" variety. I actually prefer the traditional version with just cheese and jalapeños.

Have you ever had Texican shredded pork or cochinita pibil? Try using Oaxaca or Cojita Cheese and fresh Pico de Gallo. Your nachos will be much better than most restaurants! Add your favorite hot sauce and make them your own.:yum:

I'm sort of like a meat and potatoes person when it comes to nachos. Chips, chicken, refried beans, sour cream, green onions, and cheese are what I really like. But I've had great nachos with shredded chicken and then I've had the same nachos with chicken that wasn't so good. So I know a lot has to do with how the chicken tastes.

What I really should do is get a ton of chicken and, you know, experiment. It's not like I'm going to toss the failures. LOL

By the way, is that a snake in your profile pic?

I'm sort of like a meat and potatoes person when it comes to nachos. Chips, chicken, refried beans, sour cream, green onions, and cheese are what I really like. But I've had great nachos with shredded chicken and then I've had the same nachos with chicken that wasn't so good. So I know a lot has to do with how the chicken tastes.

What I really should do is get a ton of chicken and, you know, experiment. It's not like I'm going to toss the failures. LOL

By the way, is that a snake in your profile pic?

I thought that pork was meat. Both the dishes I mentioned are pork dishes. Yes, that is a yellow eyelash viper in a friends collection. I no longer keep venomous and only have a male and female C. Caninus (northern emerald tree boa) left in my collection. Back when I was breeding I had both northerns and Amazon basins. I do have frozen rodents in my freezer.;)

When I said meat and potatoes, I meant I like a very basic kind of nacho dish.

It's a pretty snake. When I would raise my mice, I had very limited space, unlike some people who had a whole room or shed to keep them in. So I would pick out the girls I wanted to keep and the rest went as pinkies and fuzzies. But I could only do that until the eyes opened, For some reason, once the eyes were open on the babies, I couldn't give them up as food anymore. That's just me, I guess.

And now I know your signature refers to your snakes, not the jewels!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom