Name My KitchenAid - Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Since I have a new mixer and I haven't named it yet I thought it might be fun to allow the community to name it and have a contest. Of course contests have a winner and a prize (but more on that later).

Here is the basic rules and format:

You may submit a name to me via a Private Message. One submission and name per user please, and please only via a PM. I will accept submissions until 08 May 2010. You can PM me after that date if you just want to talk.

I will look over the names and choose my favorite three or four (KathleenA is likely to help with this part.). I will then add a poll to the thread and allow everyone to vote. Top vote is the winner. Pretty simple really.

The mixer is a Kitchen Aid Professional 600 in Empire Red. I use it mostly for making dough for bread, but I also grind meat and grate things. It has become an handy tool for the kitchen so naming does seem like a good idea.

So get yer contest hat on and get submission in as soon as you can. If two users submit the same name (or real close) the time and date stamp on the PM will break the tie.

The Prize:

The poster that has the top name will be eligible for a custom user title on the forum. You can pick what you like (with the moderation team's approval of course). Want to be Queen of the Pastry? Now you can. Want to be Pit Master T-Bone! It is within reach.

Attachments

• UserTitleExample.jpg
    UserTitleExample.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3,045
Oh cool! I have to start thinking about this but need a little help..

Do you have a pic?
Does your mixer seem to have a 'personality'? (being serious here - sort of).
Is there a speed that is just seems to hum along at?
Why did you pick red vs some other cool color (there are so many)?

Well - maybe naming a KA is best done on impulse? It's likely that your first reaction is best - unfortunately, I had no aha moment so I'm pleading for help....:blink:

Last edited:
Oh cool! I have to start thinking about this but need a little help..

Do you have a pic?
Does your mixer seem to have a 'personality'? (being serious here - sort of).
Is there a speed that is just seems to hum along at?
Why did you pick red vs some other cool color (there are so many)?

I don't have a good one yet, but the KA site has plenty.

I usually use it either speed 2 (for bread) or 4 for attachments, but I have taken it up to 10 and it sings.

Red suited the kitchen now and future and the price for the red was better than the blue.. plus the red ones go fassta.

Nuts! The thought of an animated mixer is kinda frightening.

I've sent you my PM nomination. I was asked for a subject line, and entered "Kitchenaid name." Is that okay, or do you want a standardized subject line for more convenient email sorting?

Crap Frank i'm so new to this site and can't figure out if my KA name got to you or not... Can't find msgs sent.... :ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Crap Frank i'm so new to this site and can't figure out if my KA name got to you or not... Can't find msgs sent.... :ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Got it!

And I am not terribly worried about the subject line of the PM but indicating it is for the contest never hurts. :)

Is it a girl or a boy? When you all stop snickering that question is serious. My van is male (Long John Silver), as is my sister's van (Jean Claude Dam Van).

Frank, do you talk sweet to it so that Kathleen is jealous or is it all business?

Usually things like this it would be a girl.

And as long as Kathleen is getting fed right nice with it she won't get jealous.

Well, I am late on this.....as usual :mad: But the upside is a already have a cool title and I still haven't named my KA (Except for The Brute every time I have to haul it out of the cupboard as it is a pro 600 model). I will be interested to see what yours is named Frank!

I would have to return the check Alix cut me though Ken. Then how will my kids go to college?

Well, I am late on this.....as usual :mad: But the upside is I already have a cool title and I still haven't named my KA (Except for The Brute every time I have to haul it out of the cupboard as it is a pro 600 model). I will be interested to see what yours is named Frank!

I realized my really cool title ("Certified Cake Maniac") has been taken away :( so Frank you will be receiving my entry tout suite! :)

Usually things like this it would be a girl.

And as long as Kathleen is getting fed right nice with it she won't get jealous.

Usually a girl, but not always. I don't think he has decided yet.

It's true I won't get jealous. Dinners and fresh bread have been awesome. :)

~Kathleen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom