National Avocado, and Hot Chocolate Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
National Croissant, and Hot Chocolate Days

Jan. 30 - National Croissant Day
Jan. 31 - National Hot Chocolate Day

My challenge to everyone - build a great meal around these items for the celebrated day.

We used to babysit a three-year old who ws so darn cute. She was a joy to be around. I would go into out wintery yard, with its 3 to 4 feet of snow and shovel a 10 to 12 foot circle, all the way to the ground, and a path from my house into the circle. I used the snow to build castle walls, an a snow table in the middle. In the walls, I would carve bench seats, and a place to lie down, Then, when Trisha would come be delivered into our care, I would make up not sandwiches, and hot chocolate. We'd go outtside and eat in the snow castle. She enjoyed it so much; and I enjoyed giving her the little adventure.

I miss those days. I used to do similar things with my own children as they grew, and even biult little sled hills for them, when they were little. After they finished playing outside, I would make sure there was a cupt of hot chocolate, with marshmallows, hot and ready for them.

My best hot chocolate recipe - This is dreamy smooth, so very rich and tasty, and will set you back about 1200 calories. It is served rarely, and is a treat to be shared with someone special, or when you just have to satisfy an extreme chocolate craving.

Chief's Hot Choocolate Supreme
Ingredients:
1 Large Lindt 70% Cacao dark chocolate bar
1 large Cadurry Milk Chocolate bar
2 cups Half N Half
3 tbs. dutched cocoa
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinamon (optional)

Half N Half untiit just begins to bubble. Reduce heat to keep it warm. Stir in the dutched cocoa powder. Break the chocolate bars into the hot liquid and stir until creamy-smooth. Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows if you so desire. Enjoy.

You could also omit the cinamon, and stir in seedless raspberry jelly, or a dash of cayenne pepper, all good.

For the croissant; Ultimate Beef Sandwich
Ingredients:
Eye of Round Beef Roast
Salt
Aged Ementeller Cheese
Black Pepper
A1 Steak Sace
Mayonnaise
Ripe Beefsteak tomato
Ripe avocados (1/2 per sandwich)
croissant Rolls

Preheat oven to 450 deg. F.
Sprinkle salt and pepper all lover the roast. Place on a rack, and into a roasting pan. Roast uncovered until a meat thermometer registers 127 deg. F. REmove the roast and let cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.

This roast is now ready to be sliced thin, against the grain, and used in a number of dishes.

When the meat is cold, slice very thinly against the graiin. Slice the rolls into halves. Combine the steak sauce and mayonnaise. Butter the croissant halves and place on a hot griddle. Cook until golden brown and crunchy. Immediately lay slices of the Emetellar cheese on one half of the croissant.

Slice the tomato and avocado. Spread the mayo/steak sauce onto the other half of the croissant. Add meat, and tomato and close the sandwich. Either serve cold, or pop into the microwave to heat.

So, what will you make on these auspicious days? Hungry bellies want to know.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Chief, what a beautiful story. I so much miss the younger days of my granddaughter and grandson. We didn't have the snow but we did have a few hot chocolate days. What I miss the most is hearing them laughing in the pool, playing with DH. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom