National "I love you honey" Day ~ Dinner Thread ~ 12/18/2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH is still sleeping ... he had asked the doctor for something to make him sleep and boy howdy!
Today, so far he's slept 18 hours!
I just couldn't wait for him any longer, I want to eat!
IMG_2381.JPG
I had some more of that Costco per-cooked Pot Roast squirreled away, so I de-frosted that I made sides.
I devoured it with a spoon to be sure to get all of that goodness :yum:
I did put some aside for my dear husband, should he every get up ...
IMG_2382.JPG
I didn't heat his Pot Roast so that it'll heat back up nicely.

What'cha makin'?

K-Girl, your plate looks much better, but good idea! I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner. I made burgers for lunch and then we bathed Stanley...no small task that! I may see if my DH is interested in LO Corned Beef. Otherwise, I'll need to get busy, pretty soon!
smileys-thinking-069405.gif

We ate big salads and thawed out some thanksgiving casserole with stuffing layered with potatoes and sweet potatoes for dinner.

I had a grocery order tohad day and the frozen pizzas were on special, so I got two of them, since I know I'm not likely to be up for making supper on a grocery delivery day. I'm really glad I did because, that turned into a stressful adventure. I'll probably post about that later.

We had one "quattro formaggio" and one "double pepperoni". They were actually quite good.

Here's a picture of the cheese pizza. The other one was still in the toaster oven.

Attachments

• From frozen quattro formaggi pizza.jpg
    From frozen quattro formaggi pizza.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 6
I went out and harvested some of those brassica greens, and a large scallion, and used that for dinner today. I based it on an Indian recipe I read, that had cabbage in it, but I used those brassica greens, and added some oat groats and red lentils, which I cooked in some ham stock, to use it out of my freezer.

It starts out with 3 Kashmiri peppers, soaked, then ground up with some garlic, and about 1/2 tb of that coriander/cumin mix. To mix in with the soup, I cooked 1/2 c oat groats with 3/4 c red lentils - set it in the Instant Pot on manual/18 minutes, and let the pressure release naturally.

While that was cooking, I got the rest of the ingredients cut up, and got cooking in a NS wok - in a couple of tsp oil, over med heat, I cooked that paste about a minute, then added about 2 c chopped scallions, and cooked a minute, then added a large, diced, red bell pepper - about 1½ c - and cooked about 3 min. Then I added the brassica greens - 5-6 cups, with the tough stems pulled out, before chopping up. I stir fried this until wilted - about 5 minutes - then stirred in those oats/lentils. I simmered this another 5 minutes, then stirred in about 1/4 c chopped cilantro.
Kashmiri chili and garlic paste, cooking down for soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The chili paste cooking down, along with with about 2 c of scallions. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

About 5 c of chopped, misc. brassicas, cooking down, after a large red bell pepper cooked a few minutes in the paste. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

1/2 c oat groats, and 3/4 c red lentils, cooked together in ham stock, added to the veggies, before mixing in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished soup, before adding any cilantro. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished soup, with a little cilantro added to the bowl. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom