Natn'l Frappé Day ~ Wed. 10/7/2020 ~ What Are You Whipping Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I've never had a frappé before, I suppose it's good
shrug.png

DH has his procedure this afternoon and I should
be able to pick him up from the hospital just before
supper-time.
My plan is to put him straight to bed and
make myself something new from Trader Joe's ...
you'll see later ;)

What are you whipping up?

Tonight is a new crockpot recipe, Santa Fe Chicken. It smells good cooking so we shall find out how it tastes in another hour or so.

Beef stew

Tonight is oven roasted stewing beef and veggies once mostly roasted 2/3 filled with broth to soften everything up like crazy ten thicken to a gravy.

I’m making this stew as slow and tender as I can as I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled out today. So ?

Tonight is oven roasted stewing beef and veggies once mostly roasted 2/3 filled with broth to soften everything up like crazy ten thicken to a gravy.

I’m making this stew as slow and tender as I can as I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled out today. So ?

I love beef stew. You should plunk this on Today's Menu for 10-7!

If you have an Instapot, or pressure cooker you can make that stewing beef super tender. By cooking it for anout 40 minutes. The vegie flavors, onion, carrots, celery potatoes, and celery wiil flavor the broth. The, allyou need to do is thicken it with a roux. Don"t forget to add garlic.

Another great option for super-tender beeg, or any protien, is to velvet it. You can then make a hravy, and serve it as an open-faced sandwich.

Seeeeya; Chief Lomgwind of the North

Flageolet verts with garlic/wine sauce, with our homemade garlic/wine sausage.

Attachments

• 2020-10-07 18.17.38.jpg
    2020-10-07 18.17.38.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 73

I’m making this stew as slow and tender as I can as I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled out today.

Last edited:
I usually make a version of Peg Bracken's StayABed stew. I leave out the peas and potato. I add mushrooms if I have them and a big shot of Worcestershire sauce. I like to serve it over mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles but these days I settle for riced cauliflower. This is a great way to use venizon.

5-6 servings

Mix these things up in a casserole dish that has a tight lid:
2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
1 can of little tiny peas*
1 cup of sliced carrots*
2 chopped onions
1 teaspoon salt, a dash of pepper
1 can cream of tomato soup thinned with 1/2 can water (or celery or mushroom soup thinned likewise)
1 big, raw potato, sliced
A piece of bay leaf*

Put the lid on and put the casserole in a 275-degree oven. Now go back to bed. It will cook happily all by itself and be done in five hours.

We had Chef John's Italian White Bean and Sausage Stew. Rather than removing the casing from Italian sausages, I made up some Italian sausage stuffing last night. I used canned beans. I have done it both ways and Chef John is right. It's better with dried than with canned beans. It was still delicious and filling.

I don't mind cooking beans. I'm just not a fan of picking them over. Stirling suggested that we could do it together, so it would be less boring. I think that is an excellent plan.

I remember rocking beans as a teenager at camp. I worked in the kitchen. I and another girl carried a resto sized stock pot of dry beans and an empty stock pot to a spot outside on a hill. We threw all the little rocks and yucky looking beans down the hill. It was kinda fun to do it with a friend.

Linguine with white clam (cockles) sauce and garlic butter toast.

linguine_clam_sauce_100720_IMG_7269.jpg

Tonight is a new crockpot recipe, Santa Fe Chicken. It smells good cooking so we shall find out how it tastes in another hour or so.
Served up two way.
Mine done as a taco salad and DH had his over rice like the recipe called for.
20201007_211637.jpg20201007_211704.jpg

I've never had a frappé before, I suppose it's good
View attachment 43282

DH has his procedure this afternoon and I should
be able to pick him up from the hospital just before
supper-time.
My plan is to put him straight to bed and
make myself something new from Trader Joe's ...
you'll see later ;)

What are you whipping up?

Well, DH did great but wanted nothing to do with laying down once we got home! "What's To EAT!!!"
:LOL:
I had gotten him his favorite Sushi Set and went about making my creation:

IMG_6442.jpg

I'm excited!
The bag suggests 3 servings per bag ...

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

Ummm, maybe as an appetizer!

So, I nuked up another third of the bag, while my Garlic Shrimp sautéed.

IMG_6445.jpg

DH said, ""You won't finish that!"
:glare:
Challenge excepted!

IMG_6447.jpg

*belch*
:blush:

That was REALLY good!
I was going to grate some Parm over the top of the Risotto,
but honestly, it didn't need it. That's very nicely balanced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom