Natn'l Oreo Cookie Day ~ Dinner March 6, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH & I went over to my Mother's new apartment to do few chores for her and then took her out to linner (late lunch/early dinner).
We went to our local Asian Bistro and it was delish!

IMG_1353.jpg

Mom ordered Chicken Teriyaki

IMG_1354.jpg

I had something different this time, Mix Veg with Roast Pork and Lo Mein
I thought that it would be roast pork, but it was Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork, all in a lovely sauce.
The noodles didn't come out until we were just about ready to leave, so I just took them home.

IMG_1355.jpg

Our waiter brought a free bowl of Ice Cream for Mom's birthday... it's not her birthday nor did we make mention of that either, he gave it to here anyways.
It looked like Matcha, but it was not, it had no flavor at all.
oh well.

DH ordered his usual, handmade dumplings, edamame, miso soup and 3 different Sushi rolls.

There was plenty of mine and Mom's plate for maybe 2 more meal, good thing too, `cuz our tab was $75!!!

What's going on your table?

I had plans for supper, but I was low on spoons. So, the easy plan was going to kick in. Then the food fought with me and I gave up. We ordered yummy pizzas.

I've got a corned beef in the oven, once it is done, I'll use the broth to cook up carrots, potatoes, onions and, of course, cabbage. Making this today as it is one of DH's favorites and he won't be able to have it on the 17th. He is having tongue surgery on 3/14. We get "instructions" for his meals tomorrow.

Oh no, we don't have any Oreos in the house! *gasp* We did have a full, fresh cooked meal, though. Ham, carrots, and yellow potatoes were all baked in the oven. Green beans were cooked stovetop.

IMG_20220306_205139445_HDR.jpg

I made a batch of deep fried chicken tenders (double floured) for dinner tonight along with some fresh green beans. They tasted pretty good but I filed to take a photo.

I made chicken shawarma tonight, roasted in the oven rather than grilled. I also made flatbread that I cooked on my cast iron griddle and finished on the gas flame, and tzatziki. This was all served with cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes.
20220306_192011.jpg20220306_195917.jpg

Sent from my SM-T380 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I just finished some leftovers from the fridge, plus the last sandwich with the end of a loaf of bread.

I also have two packs of oreos - salted caramel oreos I got 3 packs of a couple of months ago. My favorite oreo I ever had, unless maybe tied with mint oreo (maybe a St. Patties Day thing?). I didn't open one, however - I'll treat myself another time.

Last edited:
D&SIL took us for a nice long ride.

We ended up at an isolated country diner @ lunch time.

Burgers, pork tenderloin sandwiches and a pile of fresh cut curly fries made a great meal.

Too hungry to remember a photo of the meal but, here is the diner. (guys in 2nd pic, not us)IMG_20220306_120513139.jpgIMG_20220219_112250445.jpg

Last edited:
Our waiter brought a free bowl of Ice Cream for Mom's birthday... it's not her birthday nor did we make mention of that either, he gave it to here anyways.
It looked like Matcha, but it was not, it had no flavor at all.
oh well.

?

LOL, Kgirl, maybe it was an apology for late noodles?

Or better still - an ice cream flavour attempt by the chef that failed - so they're getting rid of it by saying Happy Birthday to the customers... kknowing they could never sell it without refunding... LOL

Back
Top Bottom