Natn'l Sourdough Bread Day ~ April 1 2021 ~ Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few days ago I pulled a full quart jar from the freezer labeled, spaghetti sauce with meat. Will use about half of it for spaghetti/sauce/Romano cheese, a small salad and garlic bread. Tomorrows dinner will be the rest of the sauce over a calzone. A couple months ago I ordered a bunch of food from a local gourmet pizza shop, and have a calzone left. Dh didn't care for the calzone because it had a lot of ricotta cheese in it. So I need to doctor up the calzone to make it unrecognizable. Will add a lot of mozzarella cheese too.

Just leftovers tonight but here's some sourdough bread to look at. Believe it or not, I just recently made my first starter, and I'm quite pleased with my initial attempts!

HcepfzrpspaE_VD-MEmyZywUdBtDjhKdMYLxokSnINWBdi4l_SbT48aXdBI2m13FsKHRrQVugw4KXwgVVivphcqCdy9E_q1USGxsgAunr74wLNKEz8nwBOEWCbx7g6LiW7pgL4vTUV4=w2400

VnB5L84DIr_-gM1hqbgu5ZNSsrWHJ7Ia7f_0ScY8Fr9NEgKJqOHcNTRDECXFbplb4oVdoBs5EgLxiGxJvTlku868GkpdxmKOhAhkTzSc0-VTXhjN8ZyAjHnryK1zTe0ar07lJH17PvE=w2400

I made my regular meatloaf, with one modification. I added a couple of tablespoons of Madras curry paste. It was good, but a little odd. I don't know if I will bother doing it again. Maybe I will try with a different curry paste. Served brown rice and a salad with that. Homemade vinaigrette. There's a splash of tamari on the rice.

Attachments

• PXL_20210401_215857599 small.jpg
    PXL_20210401_215857599 small.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 60
Today is (PLAY BALL) the first day of the baseball season (PLAY BALL!), so we had our traditional hot dog sandwiches. Play Ball!!! The weather was too cold for beer, plus Himself is feeling side effects of his first Covid shot on Tuesday. Sides were baked beans and potato chips. Little cornichons, too.
IMG_20210401_205854208.jpg

Last night's dinner was Fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe.

chicken_broccoli_rabe_040121_IMG_7931.jpg

Broke open my first double-yolk egg in years today !

DINNER;
Breaded Pork Steak (pork was an end from a roast that I cut down to a reasonable size and froze)
Buttered Idaho Spud, Steamed Broccoli under a Colby blanket........

pORK lION cHOP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom