Need Chocolate Technique Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
No, I'm not making anything fancy - just chocolate-covered pretzels for the neighborhood kids for Christmas treats.

My question is - how do I cover them completely with chocolate? Pouring melted choc over them on some wax paper? Dipping? Using what to get them totally covered? Dunking?

I'm using the mini-pretzels and plain old Nestle's chips, melted and stirred in with a little oil, and then maybe covering with sprinkles after.

Drop them in the chocolate, mud, and then fish them out with a fork. Put them on a cooling rack with a tray under it to catch the drips, or if you don't mind extra chocolate around the edges, just let them cool/dry on parchment or wax paper.

Hope this makes sence! I'm watching a special on gingerbread houses while I type. Oh, to have that kind of talent!

I would add one caveat to what pabaker says. I wouldn't put the dipped pretzels or any chocolate dipped item on a wire cooling rack. I did that once and will never do it again. The chocolate drips under the wires and come back together, locking the item to the rack. The only way to get it off is to crack it off the rack.

Better to place the item on parchment paper, waxed paper, marble, granite, or Silpat sheets.

BTW, I use chopsticks.

Back
Top Bottom