Need to WOW husband....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:) ok... I admit it... I've been in a cooking slump for the last few weeks. I knew it but I was really hoping Paulie hadn't noticed. HE HAS! As we were falliing asleep last night he mentioned ( trying to be nice) that my cooking was really boring him lately.

I need to come up with a wonderful dinner for tomorrow that will knock him off his way too skinny butt!!

IDEAS?? Nothing too complicated since...though I love to cook my confidence level is also slumpping....

smiles, T

( p.s. I have to leave for the store in about 30 minutes so HELP FAST!!!! lol)

Well... he wants something different Andy... I make his favorites all the time so...they are out.

Jennyema, either the oven or the stove will work for cooking. ( THE GRILL IS NOT MY FRIEND) I'd like to keep it around 30 dollars if poss.

THANKS!!

One of our favorites - looks like lots of ingred. but mostly spices. If you're like most people who try this, you'll be dipping anything you can get your hands on in the Walnut Cream sauce!! It's that good. You can use bells also, if preferred.

This recipe is from the November 2001 issue of Southern Living:

PORK-STUFFED POBLANOS with Walnut Cream Sauce served over Cinnamon Rice Pilaf.

Muscato is the perfect wine for this dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a nice steak -- seared and then finished in the oven?

Rosemary oven roasted potatoes

Some kinda veggie?

For starters, a chilled gaspachio salad with chopped cukes, tomatoes, peppers on greens topped with cold poached shrimp?

I see why you need to get away from his favourite meals, but what are his favourite ingrediants....if your are in a slump I would suggest doing something new with something you already know is a winner.

Rosemary is one of his favorite spices! So I'll go with that Jennyema! Thanks!!!

And I found a good recipe for a roasted chicken that sounds good too.
That and a spinach salad ought to make him happy for a night at least!

Thank you all!!!

More ideas are always welcome.
I'll have to keep feeding him for a few more years.

smiles, Trish

No matter how much of this dish I make, there is never any left! (BTW, it's tonight's dinner!)

Chicken Ajíllo, El Charro
(Chicken with Garlic and White Wine)

This dish is SO delicious; and it¹s easy enough to make for an everyday dinner. It¹s one of the house specials at my favorite New York restaurant, “El Charro.” My friend Manuel Vidal, the owner of El Charro, not only gave me this recipe, he personally walked me through it. You can create it, too!
Makes 6 1st course servings (2-3 main course)
1 3 to3 ½ pound chicken, cut into 16 pieces
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 heads garlic (Use all the cloves, peeled but whole)
1 cup dry white wine
sea or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Rinse the chicken in cold running water and thoroughly dry it with paper towels. Using a meat cleaver or poultry shears, cut the chicken into 16 pieces.

2. Make a mixture of sea or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture generously over the chicken pieces.

3. Warm a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and put in the olive oil.
When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the chicken pieces and brown well on all sides. (You want to make sure the oil is hot enough that the chicken pieces will make a sizzling sound as you put them into the pan. This ensures that the chicken will sear immediately and the juices will stay inside!)
4. After you have turned over all the chicken to brown on the other side, add the garlic and turn the temperature down low to let it sauté for a few minutes. Make sure the garlic does not get brown at all.

5. Add the wine. Bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat—to medium, not too low—and let simmer until the wine has almost evaporated, and has made a caramel-like sauce in the pan.

Serve with Saffron Rice or Home-Made Potato Chips.

Wine Tip: A Spanish Rioja complements this dish wonderfully

garlic. YUMMMMY! That's my favorite spice! Thank you! Will be trying this one too.!!!!

I think my husband would have to wait a bit for something "not boring". My hands would first have to recover from the reverberations they received after I smacked him over the head with a heavy saucepan. What cheek!!!!

BreezyCooking said:
I think my husband would have to wait a bit for something "not boring". My hands would first have to recover from the reverberations they received after I smacked him over the head with a heavy saucepan. What cheek!!!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: YIKES!!!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:

KAYLINDA said:
I suggest meeting him at the door in the nude and saying..."Guess what's cooking!" lol

lol... bet I could talk him into taking me out to dinner
a few hours later. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ok...so... tonight... beef heart with veggies ( one of his favorites but..I thawed it out yesterday and it has to be used)

tomorrow... roasted grapefruit chicken, rosemary roasted potatoes and a spinach salad

Friday... Iman baildi, fried zucchini (from his garden) and left over chicken.

This weekend we'll be camping so it'll be boring hotdogs and hopefully fried trout.

Grapefruit chicken? Is the recipe posted anywhere?

ChefJune, drooling for your recipe! Think I will try that one on Friday night.

ChefJune, that recipe looks great! Saving it for later because i'm a huge fan of garlic!

Alix said:
Grapefruit chicken? Is the recipe posted anywhere?

ChefJune, drooling for your recipe! Think I will try that one on Friday night.

It's not... but I'll post it this afternoon, I have to go out and mow the yard now. But..you know me. I shall return!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom