Never Have I Ever...Made This.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love adding Kalamata olives to hummus. When you add roasted red peppers, do you add them to the food processor or do you just chop them up and stir them into the hummus?

I add then in the FP but I think also adding some chopped up bits would be nice for texture (as dragn suggested)

Too funny, Kgirl, was just asking about this salada in the lunch thread! LOL.
So this was frozen shrimp salad? Would never have dreamed of doing that. Where did you find it?

Too funny, Kgirl, was just asking about this salada in the lunch thread! LOL.
So this was frozen shrimp salad? Would never have dreamed of doing that. Where did you find it?
No, it's not a frozen salad, just the Shrimp. I defrosted what Shrimp I had left (I think it was 7 Jumbos), chopped them and mixed in the dressing. Very tasty indeed! I linked the Copy Me That recipe over in the other thread (what did you have for lunch, or something like that).

Thank you Kgirl, I found/saw it. I'm still chuckling at myself.

GG, the Aleppo infused butter. Portions per? sounds divine!

OK - there´s the difference, evidently, between "British" and "US" scones - which doesn´t surprise me at all. A month or so ago, a chef friend asked me to investigate how to make the "perfect" scone . (Perfect, of course, doesn´t exist:cool:)
In general terms, a "British" scone has more flour, about the same amount of butter, more sugar, and less milk (or buttermilk). 60% flour, 13% butter,7% sugar, 20% milk. "British" scones usually have eggs in them; "US" scones do not. "British" scones never use cream; the cream goes on top, along with the jam/jelly. A really exciting British scone may use raisins or sultanas; "US" scone are far more creative - orange peel, spices, dried fruit, etc.
The bottom line? It´s what ever rocks your boat, and British cooking is, generally, pretty conservative . (Takes cover in the bomb shelter:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Whoa!! Not true! British food has come a very long way in the past few decades. These days you can find every kind of food in Britain and we are very happy to try new variations! (As for scones, I prefer the cheese versions.) ;-)

As for the "Never have I ever"... I don't recall ever making a Trifle. I hate jelly (jello), but it seems it is perfectly acceptable to make one without it, so maybe I will make one for Christmas. :)

Kgirl, my favorite "seafood salad" is made with a curried dressing. Just toss the shrimp (or crab, etc.) with the dressing and serve on a generous bed of greens (lettuce, celery, green onions, etc.). Always a big hit with guests or pot luck. Here's what I use:

2 tablespoons fruit Chutney (mango or peach are good)
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half

Just toss the dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor and presto...very yummy. At least to my pallet!
smileys-cook-968450.gif

Looks pretty good, @Kaneohegirlinaz. I hope he doesn't find them dry. Most recipes I see are a little light on the liquid for our tastes. I just add a little more liquid until the dough looks good to me. If they are dry, pull out the jam or soften some butter. ;)
DH tried a piece while it was still warm, with a cup of coffee and deemed them "good".
I asked him to save me just a small bite to try ... HEH! That's not bad at all!! I may have one for breakfast tomorrow with soft butter and some Orange Marmalade with my morning tea :yum:
These were not dry at all! The dough was dry at first, as stated in the recipe but as I worked it out to the recommended shape, it worked beautifully.
@Cooking Goddess I remember somewhere you posting your tried&true Scone recipe, but I can't find it. Could you post that again, please?

Well is certainly is pretty! I make a scone recipe that was recommended to me by my AIL (Aunt-in-law)...Orange Yogurt Scones - they are yummy! Not like the dried-out kind...sorry if that's the way they are supposed to be! And they are easy too!
Ooohhhh!
Now that recipe looks good @GinnyPNW
That's very similar to the recipe that I used from AllRecipe.
I think I have some Orange yogurt too!!!
And I agree with you, dry Scones are horrid, that's why I've never cared for them.
But this nice, moist, cakey-almost texture I like.
I did a CopyMeThat to my board of this recipe to try.

I'm glad that they turned out good. As long as they make your DH happy, that's all that matters. :heart:

@Cooking Goddess I remember somewhere you posting your tried&true Scone recipe, but I can't find it. Could you post that again, please?
Actually, I think I took photos from the recipe book and PM'd them to you. Right now, that book is over 600 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom