New...Chef with an unusual problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinder

Assistant Cook
So glad I stumbled upon this forum!
I am a certified Chef and have been for 15 years. I began work in a Children's Crisis Centre, after the stress of line cooking in Fine Dining restaurants finally got to me. Definitely a young person's game, that!

About 3 years ago, I was diagnosed wiht Arnold Chiari Malformation which can cause "shorts" in the amount of cerebral spinal fluid going to your brain... I've been lucky that I have hardly any physical symptoms, (besides pain), but the other problem is that it really messes with my memory! Tough to be a Chef when you can't recall what goes into something. So, I'm struggling with that, but it could be worse!

One of the reasons I came upon this forum is that a dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with Diabetes and he is losing weight like mad! I'd like to have some recipes so that I can make him some meals for his freezer. (And if any good women out there would like a nice man....:LOL:) .

I also have a Quarter horse that I ride dressage and dabble in a bit of reining with.

So, that's me!

Cinder

Welcome to DC, Cinder. There are a lot of DCers who are diabetic or cook for one. You'll find lots of good ideas.

Health, Nutrition and Special Diets is a forum you should check into. It's under the General Cooking Forums.

There is indeed a section of the forums in which I believe will help you greatly for your friend.
I'm sorry to read of the Arnold Chiari Malformation, it's tough to know that anyone goes through such things even more so when it's coming from a chef....

Any who, welcome to the group

Try a protein shake. Blend fresh frozen fruit, unsweetend fruit juiceyogurt & protein powder[can be picked up at any department store]
Keep in the freezer for a meal replacement or as a icecream craving.

Welcome to the forum Cinder! I'm sure you'll find lots of great recipes here!

Back
Top Bottom