New clothes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
is it good enough to soak new clothes in warm or cold tap water for a day or a few hours and repeat it several times until no more colored water? I mean if it is good enough to remove unwanted chemicals left on the new clothes? Does it depend on the the texture? Any advice?

Kenny, I know that some people wash new clothes before wearing, but I don't and never have.

Well, I take that back, I washed all the new clothes of my new born babies because I liked the baby fresh scent of Dreft detergent I always used for their baby clothes.

Soaking new clothes only releases the new clothes colors and makes them look old sooner.

Kenny, I know that some people wash new clothes before wearing, but I don't and never have.

Well, I take that back, I washed all the new clothes of my new born babies because I liked the baby fresh scent of Dreft detergent I always used for their baby clothes.

Soaking new clothes only releases the new clothes colors and makes them look old sooner.

I soaked my new black clothes in clear water but after half an hour the water became yellow. why isn't it black?

Technically black is not a colour, it is the absence of light.

So to make black colour for clothes it is a combination of other colours.

My mother always washed new clothes, her thought being "you never know who tried them on before you bought them." I always wash new clothes because the manufacturers insist on putting sizing in them to make them look crisp and fresh. I don't want crisp and fresh, I want comfortable.

Kenny, there is no need to soak them, just throw them in the washing machine.

My wife does the laundry and never lets me wear anything new without washing it.
I think its a great idea until I want to wear something not washed yet.

If I was a woman I would not wear under clothes until they have been washed. Bathing attire as well.
Us guys are good to go as our under clothes are usually sold in a plastic bag.

I always wash new garments because, as someone already mentioned, you never know who else tried them on. Also, I want to get the "sizing/chemicals" out of them during the manufacturing process. I especially do this with things I purchase at Goodwill and such.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom