New Cooking Network!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's great that there will be another viewing choice and hope for some content heavy shows but regardless of the nature of the shows, more food talk just can't be a bad thing. I never saw a food show I didn't learn something from or enjoy in some way. :)

Food Network is doing this because they have had so much success with their current mix of shows. Count on their going with that same winning formula on the new network.

Just my opinion but, I don't care for the contrived "chef" competitions, cake decorating shows, and grinning personalities. And I surly do not give a fat flying flip what Brian Boitano would make.

Cooking Channel shows

Here's the lineup of cooking shows on the Cooking Channel:

Unique Eats (new exciting restaurants)
Foodcrafters (visits home cooks in USA)
Foodography (cultural foods)
Drink Up!
Food Jammers
Spice Goddess
Indian Food Made Easy
Caribbean Food Made Easy
Chinese Food Made Easy
French Food At Home
Classic Cooking Block (Julia Child, etc.)
A Week In A Day (RR)
Brunch With Bobby (Flay)
Fresh Food Fast
Chuck's Day Off
Everyday Exotic
David Rocco's Dolce Vita
Rachel Allen: Bake
Cook Like An Iron Chef

Here's the lineup of cooking shows on the Cooking Channel:

Food Jammers
French Food At Home
Chuck's Day Off
Everyday Exotic
David Rocco's Dolce Vita

These ones are all Canadian shows that I absolutely love (well except Food Jammers). But alas, you will probably be getting OUR repeats for a change. French Food at Home is wonderful!

Babetoo - first check to see if you already get The FineLiving Network (FLN, Channel 232 on our Direct TV system), which is also owned by Food Network. If you do, then you may also get The Cooking Channel, since I believe I read that Food Network is replacing the FineLiving channel with The Cooking Channel.

Andy M
I must agree the new Food Channel does not look promising, but that's what happens when you create a program to compete with "yourself." What were they thinking?

Actually, I have to disagree. Although I had serious misgivings when I first heard about it, I find that I have it on more than anything else since it debuted. I love the retro shows, & particularly like the fact that they're showing a lot of the quality shows that were dropped from the Food Network lineup.

Even have found myself dvr'ing quite a few different show episodes as a reminder to go online & get the recipes from their website - something I can't remember doing for quite a long long time.

I can see a LOT of people who, like me, HATE all the reality cooking shows & the overexposure of Food Networks regular "stable" tuning in here.

So far, so good. But they DO have Giada & Emeril on here, & if I see so much as a hair of Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, or a reality show, that'll be it & I'll be tuning out - lol!

Food Network ditched their channel Fine Living Network and started the Cooking Channel to replace it. if you got Fine Living you should now get Cooking Channel on the same channel

So far I've been watching La Dolce Vita, Chinese Food Made Easy, Jamie at Home and reruns of Giada. I tried Food Jammers and Everyday Exotic but they weren't for me.

really like Chuck Hughes. Dave Rocco is good. good to see Jamie around. Like the basic concept of more cooking and less competition,; good to see some old shows back up...even if production values are not today's standard. Chinese French baking etc all good to have.

Unfortunately, they've already shot themselves in the foot.

I had the channel on fairly regularly at first - in some cases pretty much all day while working around the house - but in the past several weeks, all of the shows except for the golden oldies (Sara Moulton, Julia Child, Graham Kerr, Two Fat Ladies, etc.) have been repeats over & over ad infinitum.

Can't figure out how the Food Network geniouses expect to retain viewers with that sort of programming.

Back
Top Bottom