New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nadia_

Cook
Hi everyone,

I came across this forum today as I was looking for ways to prepare the fresh beets that my neighbor gave me. I had never tasted or cooked beets and found some great tips and suggestions here.

Anyway, I do love to cook and experiment and I look forward to exploring this site.

Bon Appetit!

:chef:

Welcome Nadia! And I like my beets boiled and then tossed with a bit of pickle brine to serve.

I'm glad you're here Nadia! I'm sure you will love it here. :cool:

I love my beets pickled! I love cold pickled beet slices on a nice salad with bleu cheese dressing. Yum!

:)Barbara

Good morning from North Wales, I grew about 50lbs of beetroot this year, one way I like them is boiled whole, let to go cold,skin, sliced thin then dressed with balsamic, olive oil and sprinkled with fine chopped garlic and parsley.

They also freeze well after boiling.

Last edited:
welcome, nadia.

my favourite way of making beets is to boil, skin, then grate them with freshly grated horseradish, white vinegar, black pepper, salt, and lemon.

Welcome to the site. I have never been a fan of beets, but I have not tried them since I was a kid. I think it is time I give them another shot as I can picture them being something that I didn't like as a kid, but might as an adult.

I had made Harvard Beets many times, so I thought, to impress Shrek, I would just make them without the recipe. I used too much cornstarch and ended up with this red gelatinous glop with red bits in it. So I thinned it out...too far. I went back and forth several times and ended up with pink gelatin with red specks...I always use a recipe now.

I had made Harvard Beets many times, so I thought, to impress Shrek, I would just make them without the recipe. I used too much cornstarch and ended up with this red gelatinous glop with red bits in it. So I thinned it out...too far. I went back and forth several times and ended up with pink gelatin with red specks...I always use a recipe now.

Oh my! I can so easily see me in that exact situation :LOL:

Good morning from North Wales, I grew about 50lbs of beetroot this year, one way I like them is boiled whole, let to go cold,skin, sliced thin then dressed with balsamic, olive oil and sprinkled with fine chopped garlic and parsley.

They also freeze well after boiling.
That's my absolute favorite way of serving beets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom