New Member Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yenta

Assistant Cook
I am a senior citizen - however my mind and sense of humor as well as my style is young. I am not new to cooking - however originally from New York (the Bronx; then Long Island) and now in San Jose, Ca since 1986, I have taken my New York City mind and tried to incorporate it into California into my thinking, acting, and cooking - sometimes successful and sometimes not. I live with my husband of 55 years, who has diabetes 2, so I have also tried and have been somewhat successful (so he says) in making sugarless cookies and cakes and some food.

Last edited:
I don't know how to navigate the site yet, but maybe you can help with this question I have. I like chicken drumbsticks and have a rub that I put on and recently I bought drumbsticks from Costco which were nice size and I used the rub to marinate them and cooked them on top of indirect heat on my grill for about an hour and then put some barbeque sauce for about 15 minutes and they came out great...EXCEPT - the drumbsticks had muscle and tendons on the stem which sort of ruined them. I looked on Google and they gave me a way to cut the stem on the bottom horizontally and then with pliers pull out the tendons. It sounded doable and reasonable since they were the ones that ruined my near perfect drumsticks. The rest of the chicken drumsticks were really good, soft and juicy. What is your take on this? Thank you. Please let me know if there is a way that a can navigate this site and not bother you. Yenta

Yenta, are you using a computer to access Discuss Cooking or a mobile phone or tablet? How to navigate will differ, depending on the device you use.

I don't know how to navigate the site yet, but maybe you can help with this question I have.

There's a search link near the top that you can use to find old threads/posts that might answer your questions. It's no issue to create a new thread for discussion.

I like chicken drumbsticks and have a rub that I put on and recently I bought drumbsticks from Costco which were nice size and I used the rub to marinate them and cooked them on top of indirect heat on my grill for about an hour and then put some barbeque sauce for about 15 minutes and they came out great...EXCEPT - the drumbsticks had muscle and tendons on the stem which sort of ruined them. I looked on Google and they gave me a way to cut the stem on the bottom horizontally and then with pliers pull out the tendons. It sounded doable and reasonable since they were the ones that ruined my near perfect drumsticks. The rest of the chicken drumsticks were really good, soft and juicy. What is your take on this? Thank you. Please let me know if there is a way that a can navigate this site and not bother you. Yenta

I've never done this tendon technique so I learned something! As for navigating the site, I like to click on "New Posts" to see what was posted recently. Or use the search to find old topics that have the information I want and is usually still valid. If you have lots of time to kill, you might be interested in the game section of this site.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom