New Member - seafood fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TChristel

Assistant Cook
Hello all -

I joined because I was looking for recipe ideas, or even a published recipe book, for a sailing trip I'm taking out of LaPaz next month. I'm assuming I will be using lots of seafood, corn tortilla's, and the like, but hoped you all might have some ideas of recipes and ingredients to have aboard the boat. My hope is to catch a few fish myself, but I'm a little sketchy on what the smaller catches might bring, as I'm not equipped for Dorado or Sailfish.

I'm a single Mom, love to cook, small business owner, and love to remodel homes. I'm an outdoor & sailing enthusiast, and travel whenever possible, particularly if it has to do with water and warmth.

I look forward to "meeting" some of you.

Take care,

Teena

Welcome -

I'm married, mother of one married daughter 30 yrs old, grandmother of 3 boys- 10,6,2 Husband & I own our business 32 yrs, now semi retired at 55

love sewing, gardening, cooking, traveled alot growing up in family of 8 kids and in our early years of marriage. Traveling is done for me other then day trips. Enjoy being home.

Hope you like it here as much as I have. We're addicting.

Welcome! We sail, too, but only a daysailer, quick day trips.
I would stock the galley with some basics: herbs/spices, flour/cornmeal/cornstarch (stuff for breading/batters/biscuits/hushpuppies), oil, maybe some canned beans (for quick meal additions/dips/salsas), salt, baking pwd, baking soda (or a baking mix with that stuff already in it!), sugar, coffee, tea, dried potatoes (lightweight, easy, variety of forms), hummus mix, couscous, maybe some canned tomatoes.

Stocking a sail boat

Thank you so much for your reply. These are great ideas. I just ordered a cookbook focused on sailing/cooking, so between the two I should be good to go.

I'll let you know how the trip goes!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom