The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isadora79

Assistant Cook
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and looking for inspiration. I love to cook for my family but they are not very adventurous and just ask for the same favorites over and over. Hoping to find some great new and healthy ideas to try out on them!

Not Cajuns, but they are Southern! I'm born and raised also, but raised by a midwesterner, so my palate is a bit different. They are not big on veggies, stir frys, really any ethnic foods except Mexican.

My daughter married a cajun and he won't try anything if he didn't have it growing up. So for your family, I guess sushi is out?:)

My son has tried sushi, but he's not a fan! My husband's mother is like that. If her mother didn't make it growing up, she won't try it. No Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, etc. He's a little better, but won't each onions and most vegetable, so we struggle. I'm so sick of hamburgers if I never eat another one it will be OK with me!

You mentioned Mexican is something they like. Are we talking real Mexican or "Americanized" Mexican? If it's real Mexican, it shouldn't be too difficult to ease the into Spanish and possibly Cuban.

Thanks for the welcome!

CraigC, they like both. They are happy in Mexican restaurants and love authentic Mexican made by a friend of mine, but only certain things that are pretty safe. She caters to their tastes a bit I think.

Back
Top Bottom