New Orleans - Where should we stay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Glenn and I were talking last night and have decided, for lots of reasons, that we want to take a trip sometime in May to New Orleans.

I haven't been there in FOREVER and I'm certain things have changed since then, Katrina not withstanding. Glenn was only there a number of years ago, late at night, to deliver a load of motorcycles to a dealer.

Now that both of us are fully retired and we have a nice comfortable new* car, we are getting the itch to travel.

We didn't really have a honeymoon when we got married and since our birthdays are only a few weeks apart, we thought we'd combine all occasions and go to New Orleans for a few days.

Where to eat isn't really a problem, but we do need some advice on where to stay that would be a reasonable distance from all the fun activities/sites and still not break the bank.

We're open to suggestions.

*The car isn't really new, but it's new to us. We were able to "steal" a 2001 Lincoln Town Car for $700 just before Christmas. It had been junked by the insurance company because of a deer hit. My sweet, and awesomely automotively capable, husband laid his skilled hands upon it and it's as good as new. So, Speedy, is ready to head south to the Big Easy!!!

Katie,
Stevan and I spent our Honeymoon in New Orleans. The Royal Hotel was old but had a enclosed court yard that was beautiful, The rates were not bad. But this was before Katrina.
It is amazing that you got your car so cheap.Isn't it awesome to have a man who can do things like that .

Josie

There are so,so, many possibilities...I like HERE.... Right in the center of the FQ ~ Mr. B's directly across the street ~~ Ask for a very top floor corner room Here for a great view of the city day and night. Two walls are windows ~~ Don't expect much of a view HERE Just Nice clean rooms and sitting area. One block to Bourbon Street...Two blocks to Royal....One block to Canal street. Hope this will get you started on your search.

Fun!

I'll Google the Royal Hotel in a few minutes. One of the things we've been discussing this afternoon is that it makes sense to stay at a hotel where they have guest parking as well as being within reasonable walking distance to the city's activities/attractions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom