New to Forum... and to Cooking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northernskygal

Assistant Cook
Ello! How is everyone? My name is Tina. I'm a 20-something in the midwest who has just grown tired of frozen dinners and cereal. I am... well... I am not very domestic... :-p This morning though, my most wonderful mum bought me a George Foreman Jumbo family size grill, a slow cooker, a massive (1,400 recipe) slow cooker cookbook, and a bunch of meat. She is awesome like that. :) I think with those two tools I might be able to have a fairly... friendly introduction to the world of cooking. I made burgers already and... they were slightly overcooked, but still def. edible, which in itself is encouraging to me! Anyway, I hope to spend some time poking around on here, learning things and making new friends!

Welcome! You're not alone, I'm also a novice cook that knows squat (except eggs :chef:) about cooking...except I'm starting from scratch :rolleyes:

welcome53.gif

Well, you may cant cook (yet) but you sure got a nice mama !! Cooking is pretty easy, you just gotta get started. Start with some simple easy things so you will have a background of success and then build from there. One thing, pay really close attention to any food you eat anywhere, and notice just exactly how you want your food to taste. Analyze the tastes and textures and the subtle nuances, and then when you begin cooking you will know more what you are trying to achieve. And then get in the kitchen and have fun with it.

Welcome to DC.

I too am new. In fact I have more posts here then the number of meals Ive actually produced. Do you think your mom could hook me up too, hehe j/k. But seriously hook me up *wink* *wink* :ROFLMAO:

Welcome, Tina.......so Mama Mia is gifting with big hints that you should learn to cook???? she's right ........concentrate on putting really 5 good dishes under your belt........really helps in the love dept if you're so inclined............if you look you'll find it here............some really great cooks and great advice...........we're all cooking drs. here......waiting to help someone in need.........

You know, I had heard that all my life and knew nothing about the concept. A few years ago I was shocked when I found myself involved with a world-class cook, with whom I was only moderately compatible otherwise, and it was all I could do to keep my wits about me .... I can only imagine if we had been even a bit more compatible otherwise, it could have been magical.

Welcome, Tina.......so Mama Mia is gifting with big hints that you should learn to cook???? she's right ........concentrate on putting really 5 good dishes under your belt........really helps in the love dept if you're so inclined............if you look you'll find it here............some really great cooks and great advice...........we're all cooking drs. here......waiting to help someone in need.........

Welcome to DC ! It's my pleasure to be part of this cooking community.Pleased to meet to all of you.

Back
Top Bottom