New to the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
Hello. I'm frequently referred to around this area as "Hey, you're so and so's <insert appropriate relationship here>," so I'll continue the trend. I'm Goodweed's daughter, Sprout's sister.

I love cooking and experimenting with cooking. I'm not very good at keeping track of measurements. My "recipes" frequently have ingredient amounts like "Enough rosemary to create a light but even dusting over the sauce..." Drives my husband almost as crazy as when I experiment and forget to write down what I did.

My dad has raved about this site forever and periodically harasses me about joining, so now he has one less thing to harasses me about. :rolleyes: This means that I'm slowly winning.

I keep hearing about how friendly everyone is so I'm really looking forward to getting to know the community. Hope y'all have a good day!

Oh yeah, and if you don't want to type out my username, you can call me Jess for short.

Welcome to DC (although, I don't know that we want another family member participating in the cook offs <g>). Y'all must have inherited that cooking gene! And here I was convinced it skipped a generation...I must have a mutant cooking gene! Enjoy.

welcome p.a.g.!

or welcome jess for short. :)

ack...you stole my line!

Hello, Jess. I'm an ogre, with the temperament to match, mean, truly mean.

(now I have to change my meds, I'm seeing purple, alien giraffes...)

Another one from House Goodweed. How many of you are there? :)

Welcome to the community.

But since this is GW and clan we are talking about Bucky, it would have to be seasoned water and just the right measurement. They also would have tested tap, filtered, bottled, and distiller from seawater to make sure they got the right kind ;)

Welcome, Jess. I say the more the merrier. Your Dad's right, this is a great place, and you're already family.

Good to know you, Jess!
I'm not at all surprised that you cook by senses, not by recipe. Maybe this DC site can inspire you to jot some things down. I'm hopeful to see an avatar pic for your nick. :alien:

Good Morning from North Wales, up until 15 yrs ago I used to see lots of your relatives.
Ps your Dad is a Mensch.

Back
Top Bottom