New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welcome Mark.

Do you have the opportunity to get lovely fresh fish being so close to the sea?

Look forward to your postings.:)

Hello Mark and welcome to DC. This will be like home to you with all our wonderful members who are great people and enjoy sharing receipes. They are all excellent cooks.

Thanks for your replies. You would think it would be easy to get great seafood here. The fishing industry is as bad here as most of the UK. There are a few boats still left here but they make very little money. Some restaurants take some of the catch. The ice machine here is not up to standard so the council will be closing it. I would like to see fishing brought back and people enjoy one of the best simple foods in the world.

markgill said:
Thanks for your replies. You would think it would be easy to get great seafood here. The fishing industry is as bad here as most of the UK. There are a few boats still left here but they make very little money. Some restaurants take some of the catch. The ice machine here is not up to standard so the council will be closing it. I would like to see fishing brought back and people enjoy one of the best simple foods in the world.

I agree with you Mark. It's worse than a shame it's an absolute tragedy. Especially for those in those fishermen and their families where fishing has been in the family for generations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom