Newbie Returning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lotsarecipes

Assistant Cook
Hi All! I'm Ruth, mommy to 2 boys, (8 and 2). Hubby and I live near Toronto, Canada, and I just finished sending a bunch of messages to the group then realized the last time I posted was in July or August, so I'm sure not too many people will remember me.

I love cooking quick and easy recipes, collecting cookbooks and recipes, own a recipe website, watching and talking about foodtv Canada and am very active with yahoo recipe groups.

Hubby and I enjoy tweaking recipes to our liking and he is a VERY good cook. He "man's" the barbecue year-round and has created some fantastic recipes by trial and error...(mostly trial though!) :)

My signature meal is lasagna! I love making them and find it to be a very therapeutic food to create and eat! We are going to our 8 year old's taekwondo class Christmas party tonight and I will be making 2 lasagna's, (one to bring and one for home).

Anyways, I thought I'd send a quick message to reintroduce myself, then it's off to the kitchen.

I look forward to making some new friends.

welcome back lotsarecipes. a few of us snuck in when you left the door open. btw, great website. gonna browse your recipes. always glad to have prodigal members return...

Glad to have you back lotsarecipes. I hope the site is as good or better than you left it ;)

I also hope you live up to your name :):):)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Thank you for the welcomes: crewsk, chocolatechef, mudbug, PA Baker,
buckytom, thank you for the comments on the site, I'm glad to be back
GB, one thing I noticed when I was here before was that everyone is so friendly and helpful, I am a hopeless recipe collector, so yes, I do have lotsarecipes! lol! and norgeskog.

I am really glad to be back.

kitchenelf

Thanks for the welcome back, kitchen elf! I am glad to be here. Gosh! I wish I knew why I didn't come back sooner...but the main thing is, I'm back now...lol ;)

Welcome Back to ya lotsarecipes....I'm just down the 401 from you....love to bbq too...we need to introduce our American freinds to Rob Rainford on Foodtv.ca with his "license to grill" show...you can never have to many "Q" recipes!!!! Pst :D

Rob Rainford

pst1can said:
Welcome Back to ya lotsarecipes....I'm just down the 401 from you....love to bbq too...we need to introduce our American freinds to Rob Rainford on Foodtv.ca with his "license to grill" show...you can never have to many "Q" recipes!!!! Pst :D

Hi pst1can! Rob Rainford is amazing!! I loved watching the show when it was on in the summer. I'm sure our American friends would really enjoy his style. I saw him on Christine Cushing a couple of months back. He seems so personable!

Every time I see a cookbook on 'q'ing, I buy it for hubby. I think my favourite is The BBQ Bible by Steven Raichlen. I noticed he also had a show on PBS in the summer that looked very informative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom