NJ - Elizabeth, Jersey City and Linden areas ... reasonably priced eats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookbookie

Assistant Cook
Hello, I will be going to New Jersey, specifically Bergen County and the shore and would love recommendations for great, reasonably priced places to eat. We love diners and small places. Any suggestions?? Italian, seafood, deli's., pizza, bakeries, etc. :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bergen County is quite large, and "the shore" is even larger. Knowing more specifically where you plan to be would make recommendations more pertinent.

Sorry, I didn't think about that, duh! The towns would be Elizabeth, Jersey City and Linden or close to them. Hopefully this narrows it down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOPS, typo that should have be "Duh" not "dud". I seem to see everything so close to gether on the East coast as compared to California, where we drive forever just to go out to dinner.

I'm really glad you clarified your location, cookie, since NONE of the three are in Bergen County!

I don't know much about the other two, but I live in Jersey City, and in the 15 years I've been there, we've developed quite a decent dining scene.

Our favorite place is a French bistro (BYO) called Madame Claude on 4th and Brunswick (Newark Avenue) extremely reasonable prices.

You might also like Rita and Joe's (Italian), Presto (Italian), Light Horse Tavern (American) The Embankment, The Merchant (both American) Sawadee Thai.

There's more, but I'm not thinking to clearly this minute.

In nearby Maplewood, is the fabulous Lorena's (right next to the train station).

There is a barbecue place in Elizabeth whose name escapes me at the moment.

What part of New Jersey are you speaking about? It's a pretty big state. :ermm:
LOL YUP!! pretty big indeed.

Patsy's Clam bar - Fairview
Lido Pizza - Hackensack
Steve Steakhouse - Rt 17 Carlstadt
Mt Fuji Japanese Steakhouse - Rt 17 Hasbrouck Heights

It's a real little French bistro. The couple who owns it are French. The Dominican cook really has the recipes DOWN! Prices are so reasonable, and it's BYO. Food is SO good!
i'll have to google it

like I said, they are French.

we never get any dessert, except for my bff who always orders the excellent Creme Brulee.
LOL i have never had creme brulee. is it kinda like flan?

i love reading chinese menus all the grammer and spelling mistrakes are funny. one place we ate had a sign in both rest rooms "EMPLOYEE wash HAND ......" and in the parking lot ".... all others will be towed and TICKED" LOL to funny!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom