"No Cook" Fridays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I don't cook on Friday, either...but we always eat. For the most part, we enjoy cocktails, Lou brings soft pretzels from Philly, and I set out a platter of cheeses, olives, seasonal fruits and either sliced chicken, ham or beef....great jazz station in the background.

It's light, nutritional and easy as can be.

m00nwater

Cook
How about a compromise? Make a crock-pot meal, which requires minimal preparation and, then, go out for dessert. Doesn't have to be too expensive or fussy. You could feel like a child and go to an ice cream store and have a double-dip ice cream cone and share (romantically).

We are actually doing a crock-pot meal this Friday because we are babysitting our 4 year old nephew, so it's easier to crock it that spend time in the kitchen.

I posted to this earlier but apparently "something" happened. My suggestion was: cheese, meats, easy appetizers (wings, marinated, buffalo, etc. - they are easy to do and fairly inexpensive), fruits, breads, (the olive oil/olives mentioned above), etc. But make it a picnic. Toss a blanket on the living room floor, music (or make it a picnic/movie night), candles, etc. Finger foods only!!!!! Even a salad can be made and then wrapped burrito style in a piece of green-leaf lettuce. It doesn't matter if it's messy - it's just fun!

I love it!!! That DOES sound like fun. I am always looking for ways to have a picnic.

So since this Friday is crock pot, maybe next Friday will be picnic night! Thanks!

You guys have some great ideas. I like the 2 for 1 coupon idea, too, which we do take advantage of sometimes, but unfortunately it's mostly for McD's :sick:. Thanks again to everyone that made suggestions! I will certainly be referring back here often to refresh my memory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom