No, I'm not under arrest.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Those things are so Cooooooooool!

I give the old boy credit though, he is one tough, stupid, SOB.

thats why i hate cops ....dood said OK 4 times and got hit 4 times

Cops suck, but you will never see cops gone bad on the internet

bastages think they have all the power :)

crazyhorse said:

This oughta be gooood... :pop: :pop: :pop:

Bob, I agree with you...I find myself listening to an officer when he is speaking to me vs. being a combative a-hole and getting the tazer! :eek:

TexLaw said:
Bob T said:
Risk their lives to bust people only to have them get off in court on some stupid loophole.

That "stupid loophole" is the Constitution of the United States of America.

TL

Well if you're going to bring up that old thing, I just don't know what to say. :D

crazyhorse said:

What video clip were you watching? Interesting responce

well i watched a guy that was drunk no doubt , got hit with a taser once, that one that hit done him in, do you actually think he needed 4 more taser's? he could barely stand up? was that drunk such a threat that he needed to be taser'd repeatedly? oh my goodness i hope our law enforcement isnt that lazy

then while on the ground got tasered 4 more times... why? except for the cop to get a hard on and a smile on his face?

was it necessary? i think not, the guy was definatly
done in with the first taser

my point made, cops suck and use unnecessary force on a traffic stop

this isnt osama he is taking down #-o

cops suck and most are power tripping

Why didn't the guy follow the instructions he was given instead of trying to get up after the first hit, and the second hit and the third hit. But no, he just kept resisting by not following the officers instructions and getting to his feet. All he had to do was lie down and put his hands behind his back.

The purpose of tasers is to eliminate the need to lay hands on people and fight with them. If you don't follow instructions after you've been told you are under arrest, you will be tased, regardless of how many times it takes you to comply. That way you don't get hurt and neither does the officer.

The officer is allowed to use the force necessary to effect the arrest, would you rather that he just fight with the guy and hit him several times. It seems any force used, would be excessive according to you.

Crayhorse...that is an unfortunate view of the police you have. Since you are on the side who dislikes the cops so much I wonder this...who would you call if you needed their help? Are they still the same power hungry folks you make ALL of them out to be or are they ok when your life or your loved ones life is on the line?

Also, if this drunk we are all talking about would have rammed in to your Mom or Dad or wife or kid or who ever may be of value to you and killed them what would you have thought when you got to the accident scene? I'm sure you would be asking for the officer's bullet gun to finsh the job...perhaps some cops are bad and are on a power trip but not ALL of them as you so quickly point out...

Bob T said:
The Constitution is meant to protect people, not let guilty people get off the hook. I could see where we would have different views on this. It's my opinion. I remember on 60 minutes years ago, a lawyer was on the show saying he lost very few drunk driving cases because he got them off for technicalities. Rights were not read to them right away, answered questions w/o a Lawer present, items like that. Is items like that worth him getting off the hook? He was bragging that even though they were guilty, he could get them off the hook. Maybe that sounds fair and right to you and others, but not to me.
This is not a bust on Laywers like some do to all Police Officers. In this Country, criminals have more rights than the victim, and I'm sure many people feel the same way.
Rape, murder, child molester...you bring the rope, I'll bring the tree. Sounds harsh to some, but that's my opinion. 'Taint got no time for them so called people.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bob,

I agree with you 95%. The Constitution is also there to make sure the good guys play by the rules. I'm almost positive you wouldn't want it any other way. I know some of the things you mentioned seem like "technicalities" and some are, until you happen to be one of those people who it happens to.

You can't really believe it's OK for police to enter your house without a search warrant, or to not tell you that you have a right to talk to a lawyer before you talk to them, can you? I was on the good guy side...I always looked at those things as doing your job correctly and not screwing up.

OJ Simpson. The cops could have tasered him but didnt and how many lawyers did it take to get him off of the murder charges?
Cops and Lawyers working together to keep the white man down. [-X

crazyhorse said:
well i watched a guy that was drunk no doubt , got hit with a taser once, that one that hit done him in, do you actually think he needed 4 more taser's? he could barely stand up? was that drunk such a threat that he needed to be taser'd repeatedly? oh my goodness i hope our law enforcement isnt that lazy

then while on the ground got tasered 4 more times... why? except for the cop to get a hard on and a smile on his face?

was it necessary? i think not, the guy was definatly
done in with the first taser

my point made, cops suck and use unnecessary force on a traffic stop

this isnt osama he is taking down #-o

cops suck and most are power tripping

You know Crazy Horse, after 13 years in Law Enforcement it wasn’t until the last 8 months of my career that I had a tazer. If I would have had one years and years ago, it may have saved the tax payers a lot of money in Emergency Hospital visits, surgeries, follow up visits, comp time and me a whole lot of pain.

The purpose of having a Tazer and using it is to keep the police from getting hurt from SOB that "doesn’t want to go to jail". During my tenure as a police officer, it was always my intention to be the one going home that night. Our job is hard enough with out some drunken yahoo bucking up and causing damage to us. The tazer is designed to also keep the suspect from any unnecessary injury. If we are able to control them using a 5 second jolt or two or even three with out having to use a sticking weapon, such as a baton, then the tazer has done its job and no one gets any long term injury.

I am sorry you have a dislike for the police and there is nothing that I can say to change your mind. How ever I will say this. Imagine a world with out the police doing their job. What kind of life would you, your family your community have?

By the way, I am no longer a full time officer. I chose to run into burning building and save the lives of those who like to cause harm to the police. It is a very rewarding job, both Police and Fire/EMS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom