Not now but one day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't go holding your breath, but I will get it.

I fixed mh hot piont piece of garbage and in the process realized that a piece of garbage it is. The outer panel on the oven door falling off was an abomination! Their are holes from rust in the bottom panel of the oven itself. I was going to replace it until I looked up the price of this stamped peice of metal. I put a piece of foil over it instead. Every time I look at the thing I become more disgusted with with it.

It will do for now. It works.

Don't go holding your breath, but I will get it.

I fixed mh hot piont piece of garbage and in the process realized that a piece of garbage it is. The outer panel on the oven door falling off was an abomination! Their are holes from rust in the bottom panel of the oven itself. I was going to replace it until I looked up the price of this stamped peice of metal. I put a piece of foil over it instead. Every time I look at the thing I become more disgusted with with it.

It will do for now. It works.

I am so sorry, honey. Dealing with a falling-down stove is so hard. I'll pray you can save up the money quickly to get your new stove.

Hang in there, dear. ((((((((hugs)))))))))

I like it. Seems like a very capable appliance. We have an Amazon credit card and earn points ($) with each purchase, non-Amazon purchases count, too.

Plus I use Bing as my search engine and earn points toward Amazon gift cards. Wonder how long it would take us to fund a good portion of the stove.

Who knows? Perhaps you could have a yard sale and sock the proceeds away as a "stove" fund.

I like it. Seems like a very capable appliance. We have an Amazon credit card and earn points ($) with each purchase, non-Amazon purchases count, too.

Plus I use Bing as my search engine and earn points toward Amazon gift cards. Wonder how long it would take us to fund a good portion of the stove.

Who knows? Perhaps you could have a yard sale and sock the proceeds away as a "stove" fund.

Woooooo, good ideas there! Thanks, Katie!

Ladies, It's not like I'm dirt poor. Part of the fun is in saving up for a big thing. Heck, I could put it on my credit card but I dislike debt for anything but an emergency.

I don't do yard sales. I prefer to give away stuff that I no longer need. I'll consider getting an Amazon credit card. I should also get Amazon Prime. I get spooky when a business tells me that I can get something for nothing. It's one of my strange quirks.

Ladies, It's not like I'm dirt poor. Part of the fun is in saving up for a big thing. Heck, I could put it on my credit card but I dislike debt for anything but an emergency.

I don't do yard sales. I prefer to give away stuff that I no longer need. I'll consider getting an Amazon credit card. I should also get Amazon Prime. I get spooky when a business tells me that I can get something for nothing. It's one of my strange quirks.

I didn't mean to offend you and imply anything about your financial state. In our house, unless we have the cash in hand, we don't need it. That's just how we roll. The only debt we have is our mortgage. That's all.

We don't do yard sales either, but I know tons of folks who do and swear by them. Instead of yard sales I take the nicer items to several upscale consignment stores in our area. The "less than perfect" goods go to our local hospital/church thrift stores. Our thoughts are, if we can't/don't use something, someone else can/will. No point in throwing out something that will benefit someone who is in need. I've been there and know how it feels.

We also have Amazon Prime, which is a blessing because all 16 of our grandchildren are scattered all over the place. Prime takes a huge load off getting goodies to them for birthdays and such.

You, unlike many people, are able to handle "delayed gratification" by waiting until you can get your nice new stove. Too many fall into the "gotta have it NOW" category, IMHO.

Let us know when you get it.

Awww...I wasn't offended. I just didn't want y'all feeling sorry for me for no reason. I've always taken pride in knowing that I can do for myself. It is a great blessing that at 65 I have no health problems nor aches and pains. I work. I have my own business (an empire of one). My land and house are paid for. I've got it made!

Getting social security has been a blessing made yet greater that I am able to collect of my deceased husband's which is way more than mine would have been. I always knew about it but still, every month it magical when I see this big batch of money show up in my account. It saved me when my little truck needed a new engine. I put most of it on my credit card because it was an emergency. After two months it was paid off!

Just something to think about - one thing I really like about my convection gas stove is that the electronic controls are in the front, so I don't have to reach over hot pots and pans to reach them.

That has been brought up in reviews. I can deal with it. They also say that the knobs get hot because of the heat coming form the back of the oven. I can deal with that, too.

I know that I will not be buying the best. I believe that I'll be buying the best for me. I'd happily look at alternatives if any of y'all will send me a link to them. I like to compare.

That's a beauty of a stove, Liz, but if you buy from Amazon, make sure all the information matches up. The header for this says "gas", but the points below mention "electric range with smoothtop black ceramic glass cooking surface" even though the photo shows gas burners. :huh: Someone had better tell 1 Stop Camera and Appliances that you can't have it both ways - at least not in this model. ;)

Have fun saving up the money for this new toy. I think when you save for something you want, it makes the item all that more special. We're pretty much the "don't need it, but if we do, we don't need it until we have the $$$" kind of people, too.

That's a beauty of a stove, Liz, but if you buy from Amazon, make sure all the information matches up. The header for this says "gas", but the points below mention "electric range with smoothtop black ceramic glass cooking surface" even though the photo shows gas burners. :huh: Someone had better tell 1 Stop Camera and Appliances that you can't have it both ways - at least not in this model. ;)

Have fun saving up the money for this new toy. I think when you save for something you want, it makes the item all that more special. We're pretty much the "don't need it, but if we do, we don't need it until we have the $$$" kind of people, too.

I noticed that too, but somebody asked the question and it is gas. Don't worry, I will make super sure before I order.

I remembered that I used to have an Amazon card but I never used it. So when they sent me a new one after the old one had expired I broke it in half and threw it away. I thought, why have two credit cards? My Master Card is just fine. I called Chase bank and they're going to send me a new one. I apologized to the lady on the phone for doing a stupid thing. Of course, it's her job to make me feel happy. She said that I wasn't stupid.

Is that the one that costs over $2,000? If so, it's too rich for my blood. If not, please post a link with reviews. I haven't been able to find anything.

Is that the one that costs over $2,000? If so, it's too rich for my blood. If not, please post a link with reviews. I haven't been able to find anything.

Good grief no Liz. I'd never pay that much for a stove either. We bought a package of GE appliances a couple years ago and the stove was less than a $1,000 as I remember from H.D.

I watched the video then looked it up on Home Depot where there were too many unfavorable reviews to make me comfortable. Besides, my last oven that I bought due to it's looks, was a piece of junk and it was made by GE. The outer panel of the oven door fell off and and the bottom panel on the oven has spots that have rusted through. It is 8 years old but still, is that not an abomination?

I will look at it next time I go to home depot. I just called my appliance man to pick his brain but he was in the middle of a job. He told me to call him back later and he'd be happy to help me.

Last edited:
I don't go by online reviews that much. People who are unhappy are more motivated, and more likely, to complain than satisfied customers are to express that.

A guy I used to work with told me that when he was in the market for a large purchase, he would get a one-month online subscription to Consumer Reports to see what they had to say. I think that's a good idea.

Last edited:
Well, all the online reviews I read about my stove convinced me to buy it. Most reviews I read were at least 4 stars. I myself, after using it for a good while would give it 5 stars, if that means anything.

That's a good idea GG. When you're ready to buy get a one month subscription to Consumer Reports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom