NYE eve dinner..12/30/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Our sweet neighbor gave us a couple of her homemade Christmas tamales made by her huge Mexican family. I'll serve them tonight with some Carnitas from the Mexican grocery deli and make some cheesy Mexican rice to go with everything. Ole' :zorro:
What's cookin at your casa?

Was gifted a mini crock pot for Christmas (2qt)..

Having a small pot roast w/veggies.. Baking biscuits to sop up the gravy..

Ice cream while watching Netflix later..

Ross

I'm hoping this is really NY Eve EVE dinner, otherwise I'll be eating leftovers 2 days in a row. That probably wouldn't be anything new or worth noting, huh?

I rolled some Italian meatballs and have them slow simmering in the oven with some marinara sauce. We are having meatball subs tonight and probably for lunch tomorrow. Have good hoagie rolls.

There's a pot of tomato soup simmering on the stovetop to go along with BLTs for dinner tonight.

DD and I prepared a bunch of salads and dips for tomorrow and NY's day. So we ordered Domino's pizza.

We spent the day with Goober, so no cooking. Instead, we picked up a friend of his who has become our friend and the four of us ate at a Mexican place called Tres Potrillos. Pretty good food, mostly. I had three barbacoa soft tacos with refried beans. IMG_20191230_194524695.jpg

Sorry for the lack of pictures but I made Congee for dinner. A couple of weeks ago when my daughter came home from school, we went out to UMass Amherst so she could see her boyfriend. While there, had brunch at the dining hall and ate Congee along with a few dim sum items. Mmmm, it was so good. The cilantro, scallions, along with some small bits of fried bread were such a tasty combo.

I found this recipe:
https://healthynibblesandbits.com/basic-congee-recipe-jook/

and it turned out great. Threw in some pieces of cooked pork that I got from the Asian supermarket. Very good.

Here's the picture from the online recipe:
Basic-Congee-Recipe-2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of pictures but I made Congee for dinner. A couple of weeks ago when my daughter came home from school, we went out to UMass Amherst so she could see her boyfriend. While there, had brunch at the dining hall and ate Congee along with a few dim sum items. Mmmm, it was so good. The cilantro, scallions, along with some small bits of fried bread were such a tasty combo.

I found this recipe:
https://healthynibblesandbits.com/basic-congee-recipe-jook/

and it turned out great. Threw in some pieces of cooked pork that I got from the Asian supermarket. Very good.

Here's the picture from the online recipe:
Basic-Congee-Recipe-2.jpg

What could I substitute for the dried fish?

Time to clean out the Fridge.... A Pan Dance with Burger, Onions, Stewed Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Pasta Shards, under a Sharp Cheddar melt...

Pan Dancing 2019.jpg

We're ordering in tonite, from a popular local Chinese restaurant - quite early, since we're told there will no doubt be the usual rush of orders that take place this evening (so I'm told) - i.e. every Christmas eve, or New Year's eve - which could cause a wait of 2 or more hours to get your meal, whether delivered or pick-up.

Some Chinese restaurants will not deliver on these eves - pick-up only - again, I'm so informed.

My brother, who lives in White Rock, B.C. waited over 2 hours to get his Chinese dinner order on Christmas eve ! He called it in @ 6:00 p.m. and was told it would be over an hour's wait to pick up.

A lady, waiting in line with him @ the restaurant to pick up, offered to pay him double what he paid for his order as he was leaving the shop. He declined.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom